Christmas presents for mindees
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas presents for mindees

Do you buy presents for mindees? If yes, that do you buy?

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always bought a book and a selection box for each mindee. This year I have 13 to buy for. Previous years I have spent up to £10 on each child but this year decided that was just too expensive. Plus all mine seem to get so much of their own families so i decided to cut down. One present was bought earlier in year so that left me 12 to get. This week there was 10% off The Book People plus free delivery, I was very pleased with myself to get them all a book and for a total cost of £27.11. I have been buying the selection boxes over last few weeks with my weekly shop.

jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

I seem to buy them 2 presents lo,we do 2 parties as a group and at both they receive a santa present - obviously paid for by the minders. then i buy them all a little present from me. I think most children get so many presents from family etc that we don't need to spend too much. In Studio catalogue they do personalised gifts, like a pack of 24 pencils for £1.99 if you get an offer code. they make a more individual present and aren't expensive. when i get stuck its a selection pack.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Glitter Guest

I buy them presents but I will only spend up to £5 each.
    I usually buy them a book. This year I found some lovely books in a charity shop that were new and only cost £2 each!

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a book for 1 years old, but don't know what to get for 7 years old boy and should be max £5.

jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

the selection packs usually go for the older boys unless I know of something they especially are into.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Apr 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've managed to get some bargain Melissa & Doug toys for my minders some wooden peg jigsaws for the younger ones at £2.50 each then some lovely princess and treasure chest craft sets for the older ones at £3.50 each they look lovely I got them from a website link mentioned on Facebook. Last year I got some large character themed beakers from Matalan and put some choc coins in them think I spent around £2 per child. Doesn't sound a lot but I have quite a few to buy for and as my own children are friends with the minders I don't like parents to feel pressurised into buying something for them in return. It's just meant to be a token gesture :-)

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dovile View Post
    I bought a book for 1 years old, but don't know what to get for 7 years old boy and should be max £5.
    I just bought my 8 yr boy mindee some football top trumps on amazon. ... they were £4ish.

all my LO have got CDs and either a shaker or a ribbon wand. ( Cds were in sale at Kids Songs Kids Music Tunes Kids Music Shop, UK ) then my other schoolies ( who are all girls ) have got sewing/craft kits I got reduced a while back somewhere!

in the nicest sense I spend as little as possible, as they all get so much from their own families, and I have lots of mindees to buy for.

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I do but I only have 1 eyfs, I have bought him a garage and some cars half price in elc for £20 plus £4 for cars but If I had lots on my books then I wouldn't. X

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have got book sets for my mindees and a set of cars for one mindee. All will get a selection box too.

Need to get a birthday present for one mindee too

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a fantastic set of books 10 for £10 in Costco! Including Gruffalos child etc! A few each, some chocolate and maybe something else small.

If I had more than 5 mindees it would be 2 books each and that's it.

All within reason, wouldn't spend a silly amount but their is a certain family I know will spend a lot on My DS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charlottenash View Post
    I got a fantastic set of books 10 for £10 in Costco! Including Gruffalos child etc! A few each, some chocolate and maybe something else small. If I had more than 5 mindees it would be 2 books each and that's it. All within reason, wouldn't spend a silly amount but their is a certain family I know will spend a lot on My DS.
    Love Costco!! That's where I got my books from for kiddies

Post Thanks / Like

I buy play dough sets, finger paint sets etc and split them up giving two pots each and some utensils etc, colouring pencils, crayons, colour your own jigsaw, paint your own sets, book sets which get split up, a few chocolate coins, santas, snowment etc. I do this for all my eyfs children. The older ones I tend to do the same with chocolate but look for offers on moshi monsters, trash packs, Lego, teenage mutant ninja turtles etc. I try not to spend more than £5 each as I have 18 to buy for. I spread the cost throughout the year.