Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Policies

Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Policies

Hi, I have a Safe & clean toy policy and a Accidents/Incidents/Emergencies policy so do I still need to have a health and safety one as well. Thank you for any help Sarah

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahj2012 View Post
    Hi, I have a Safe & clean toy policy and a Accidents/Incidents/Emergencies policy so do I still need to have a health and safety one as well. Thank you for any help Sarah
    It is important to have a Health and Safety policy but not necessary to have a 'safe and clean' one...you could include how you keep resources clean in the H&S policy ...so avoiding duplication

Accidents, incidents and emergencies link to your H&S policy and are also EYFS Welfare Requirements

3. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Simona, thank you for your reply I have now done a H & S policy and incorporated the safe and clean toy policy within it and have kept my accident, emergency incident policy. How are you with permission slips ? I'm unsure which permission slips I need to have.

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Your la might have a list of standard templates you could use..?
    I have permissions for outings, use of and taking photographs, first aid, trampoline..

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahj2012 View Post
    Hi Simona, thank you for your reply I have now done a H & S policy and incorporated the safe and clean toy policy within it and have kept my accident, emergency incident policy. How are you with permission slips ? I'm unsure which permission slips I need to have.
    I do not have permission 'slips' but my contract includes a page for 'consent', this lists all the things they give me authority to do such as:
    routine outings/planned outings
    Use of outdoor equipment in parks or when visiting other CMs
    use of car/public transport
    emergency treatment including taking to hospital and having x rays
    use of plasters
    use of sun lotion
    photographs in the settings and on outing
    Observations for EYFS
    progress Check at 2 (sharing info with other professionals as recommended in the NCB publication)
    Administration of medicine

As we are all different I may not have the same as others ...maybe others could share what they ask consent for
    Hope this helps

Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you ladies, I will start on them now. x