Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tidy up time

Registered Childminder since
    apr 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the support, loving the cleaner idea! Ha, I have continued with the tidy up routine. Mum has looked around the room but said nothing! And I just give her the biggest smile I can manage! X

2. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Does mum see them tidying up? Why don't you show her what a positive experience it is by praising the children for their efforts? Kids love that. In fact, at one playgroup, tidy up time was my dd and mindee's favourite part! They loved the responsibility!

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post

An alternative and rather elegant solution presents itself.

Agree with the mum and explain that, as you value her opinion in the upbringing of her darling child, you have decided to accommodate her wishes. To this end, the children will not tidy up at the end of the day. Instead, you will employ a contract cleaner to come in for an hour each day as soon as the lo's have left. The increased cost will, naturally, be reflected in this mum's revised fee as from your next invoice.

Totally agree, brilliant solution xx

Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

We have tidy up times before we go out and before tea, we also have a tidy up song which helps as I am sure they want me to stop singing so they tidy up quicker
    We have a rota for the older children, setting the table for tea, clearing the table, sweeping up after eating, tidying the coats and shoes etc. My parents think it is great and teaches them responsibility. It works really well.

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good:-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Does she wait on her little darlings at home then saying it's not their job to pick up the toys I will have to do it all!!!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My mindees help tidy up before hometime (if they are all going at similar time) otherwise I find the parents come and say "let's help Sarah tidy up all the toys" and the parents just put in any box, where the children actually know which boxes things go in! I normally say if the children help tidy up we will have time for some stories or for 5 mins of TV before hometime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12