Let it be known that I hate...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes long dresses! Have one mum who has two little girls and has sent them in nearly ankle length skirts when learning to walk, always getting their feet caught in them
    When trying to stand up. Just dangerous!

nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clairer View Post
    Boots that you can't get onto the child's ankles! I fear I may break their bones pulling and pushing!
    Im the same and yhe boots are not water proof and the laces are two lobg even double knoting them

Post Thanks / Like

Shoes with laces on toddlers and children that don't know how to lace them up themselves.... Why?

And children bringing multitudes of belongings from home..... Why? I have toys here you know, and you don't want to share precious baby Anna with the other children.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    Putting gloves on small children! It took us about 10 attempts to get fingers in the right places earlier with 3 year old mindee!

Feel free to add your own hates lol
    When the children are old enough to, I get them to "put in a fist and open up fingers like a star" to get them into the fingers of gloves.

I found the simplest way to keep little hands warm for non-walkers was to have hand-muffs that Mrs B knitted to use in the pushchair. The children loved them. Sadly, someone else must've liked them too, as they got stolen when we were at toddler group.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post
    For me its the child who arrives in a poppered vest when we are potty training.
    Then it dangles just when they decide to wee or poo and it goes all over it

Yuk

Angel xxx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post

Then it dangles just when they decide to wee or poo and it goes all over it

Yuk

Angel xxx
    Exactly lol x

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karen m View Post
    Babies with pull ups , tights and trousers all at once full strip to change them
    I have had this - baby not potty training but aparantly they are in offer!! Xx

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Babies that poo all over you!

Guess what happened to me today?! Lol

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Children who should be at home cos they're not well!!!!!! Got a 13 month old today who has cried and whined all day, not eating and feeling very sorry for herself (yes I know I should send her home but know that nana who steps in to look after her and her brother if they're ill is ill too and mum and dad both had time off with her last week so putting up with it in the hope she'll improve soon!!)

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post
    For me its the child who arrives in a poppered vest when we are potty training.
    Yeah, what's that all about?! Genuinely thought it was just the girl I look after - she keeps arriving in a nappy too (in case she wets herself in car) and has invariably done a poo, that I reckon she would have held in but prefers to do it in a nappy so takes her chance while she can. She can go 1.5-2 hours without needing the toilet so the 10 min car journey should be fine if she used the toilet before leaving home. Went off on a rant there. Sorry.

Other hate is that the mum of 2yo who comes in at 8.15 on a Monday morning and chats for 15 mins, while the older kids boing up and down, to and from the breakfast table as 2yo is playing and they want to say 'hello'. She then attempts to leave about 5 times, all the time he gets more and more upset at her leaving and the other kids are wound up and not getting ready for school. Once she (finally!!) leaves, the 2yo won't eat breakfast as too upset and there isn't actually any time to do it. He is only one day a week so I know she feels the need to tell me about the rest of his week but that's what the ****** 'communication book' is for. Have tried gentle reminders but it doesn't get through. A couple of weeks ago I happened to be getting something out of the shed out of the front when they arrived and I said 'ooh, don't worry about getting the baby out of the car, I'll just take J in now'. Came in like a dream, no crying, no tantrums - why oh why can't we do this every week?!!!! Have wound myself up now!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a eight yr old who says "what" every time I talk,even if they have heard me perfectly clearly! Arrrrgggghhh

amirose Guest

Why has nobody yet mentioned children coughing and sneezing in your face as you strap them into their car seats!

SEPT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amirose View Post
    Why has nobody yet mentioned children coughing and sneezing in your face as you strap them into their car seats!
    Urgh that always happens to me or when im strapping them in the buggy!!

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

Or potty training and discovering the parents have only packed one spare set of clothes!! What's that all about!

June 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Snot especially when they lick it before you can wipe it!

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good:-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clairer View Post
    Boots that you can't get onto the child's ankles! I fear I may break their bones pulling and pushing!

Yes this is mine too!! I spend ages pushing their boots on only to have the toddler pull them off every time we go in the car. It's infuriating I keep telling myself I will buy a pair of plimsoles to slip on instead. Haven't done it yet. I have asked the parent if they find it difficult too, and they said yeeeessssss!!!!!!!!!!!! Who looks after them the most? Me! Sorry rant over :-)

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amirose View Post
    Omg I thought it was just mine!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12