How can children lose toys so quickly & in such a confined space???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How can children lose toys so quickly & in such a confined space???

I have 3 under 3s here this morning. Now that they've gone for their pre-lunch nap, I'm tidying up. This morning they have been playing with some coloured clothes pegs. I have 12 of them in a box...except now I only have 11. It took them less than 5 minutes to lose one of them

The pegs have only been used in this room. No child has left the room while they were playing. No toys or toy boxes have left the room. No one else has been here. I have checked clothing (2yr old has a habit of putting things in his pockets, or in his vest!). I've looked in the toy boxes, in the bags (we have lots of random bags), in the book boxes, even in the cupboards in case the children have posted them through the doors.The pegs have ALL got to be in this room, so where's the missing one?

This happens all the time. I come to tidy up & find something missing, although I know it must be somewhere in the room. It drives me mad! DH says I have OCD, but I say i just like everything to be back in it's place! These things do tend to turn up eventually, though I am still looking for a Happyland fairy and a dinosaur book that have vanished without trace

Registered Childminder since
    jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

mine always end up inside my little kitchen,these kids will cook anything !!!!

3. Likes Mouse, loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have OCD when it comes to tidying up toys....i cant settle until i find every piece i have been known to be stir crazy for a week when searching out a missing toy.

My little ones are like Dette, they normally end up in toy kitchen although lately I have one little fella who likes to drop everything in small spaces such as behind radiators, small cracks by cupboards and in shoes.

It doesnt matter how much you watch he still manages to move something away from play area without me realising.

I lost half of a wooden egg over 18 months ago, and i still search for it whenever i think about.......it doesnt help that i have kept the other half incase it ever turns up

5. Likes Mouse, loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Do the borrower's live at your house as well, you know the little people under the floorboards!

7. Likes Mouse, CH1957 liked this post
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's amazing isn't it?! I have also lost half an egg but mine was one of those tomy sorting ones... Maybe our halves have met up lol!

9. Likes AgentTink, Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh this drives my crazy! Lol I have a puzzle with one piece missing and a hammering shapes toy with one shape missing. I want to throw them as at but I know my luck I'll find them when they are gone! My los can loose this almost instantly but most of the time you can find them when tidying up, pulling out the sofas and what jot but sometimes they just vanish!

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the toys are like those in toy story and come to life and have adventures especially happy land in my house!

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

we lost a princess and a fireman weeks ago, they never have turned up so we can only presume they have eloped

13. Likes sophia36, Tulip, Maza, tulip0803, dette liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I got really cross with the mindees in the summer when I bought a new bat and ball set - I expected to loose one of the balls - but oh no they lost a bat within a couple of hours - I made them all help me search high and low - even in the flower beds - about a month later I got out the pop up tent and found the bat inside it, whoops I blamed the mindees but I must have folded the tent up with the bat inside (same colour as the floor)!

15. Likes Tulip, Maza liked this post
    Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

The same goes for school bags and cardigans awol in one room!

Sept 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    we lost a princess and a fireman weeks ago, they never have turned up so we can only presume they have eloped
    This made me smile :-)

18. Likes ziggy liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentTink View Post
    I have OCD when it comes to tidying up toys....i cant settle until i find every piece i have been known to be stir crazy for a week when searching out a missing toy.

My little ones are like Dette, they normally end up in toy kitchen although lately I have one little fella who likes to drop everything in small spaces such as behind radiators, small cracks by cupboards and in shoes.

It doesnt matter how much you watch he still manages to move something away from play area without me realising.

I lost half of a wooden egg over 18 months ago, and i still search for it whenever i think about.......it doesnt help that i have kept the other half incase it ever turns up
    I must admit that I'm a bit like this with sets of toys. Tonight I've been searching for a number 6 piece of my wooden counting tower and half an egg. I lost the "R" from an insert tray and it was gone for well over a year. One night a mindee handed me an old purse from the pretend play box and in side was the piece of puzzle. I now I have searched that purse so many time, don't know how it got in there or where it came from. I slept well that night!

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i find this happens but this week realised I have thief the cat picks toys up and carries them off. I don't go upstairs during the day but sunday found 2 figures, a threading lace, and a cotton reel under my bed asked hubby of he was playing tricks on me then Monday caught the cat red hand going over stair gate with a plastic tree.
    Dust its Fairy Dust

21. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like our house

I found some bricks behind the radiotor ... have no idea how they got there because the sofa is pushed up by it so no one can even get close

Our bucket of bricks started off full now it is half empty I have no idea where they all went

Angel xx

Glitter Guest

All the red and black felt tip pens disappear in our house.
    None of the other colours get lost, only the red and black ones- where do they go!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We found the missing peg!

It was inside the toy rabbit hutch, which I'd looked in at least half a dozen times

25. Likes Maza, hectors house, AgentTink liked this post
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

We found the missing peg!

It was inside the toy rabbit hutch, which I'd looked in at least half a dozen times

hate loosing things especially when in one room
    Cath

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by babs View Post
    i find this happens but this week realised I have thief the cat picks toys up and carries them off. I don't go upstairs during the day but sunday found 2 figures, a threading lace, and a cotton reel under my bed asked hubby of he was playing tricks on me then Monday caught the cat red hand going over stair gate with a plastic tree.
    Lol that's amazing!!

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Hehe!

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Now, if you can just find my missing bean bag froma set of 12 that would be great

Oh and also 1/2 my K'nex is missing and 5 dvd' without their cases which might have gone home in a school bag......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast