HMRC website
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HMRC website

Post Thanks / Like

Default HMRC website

Hello I am newly registered & trying to work my way around the sight to become self employed. I think I am now registered but can't work out how I pay my NI contributions. Also there is somewhere you can note down income etc. Anyone else found it confusing or is it just me?

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly once you have registered self-employed you will be sent a invoice for your NI which we now get 6 monthly, and then
    when you file your tax return it calculates the amount of tax you will pay and the amount of NI due on this income. You will need to wait
    for your gateway passcode to come through before entering the self assessment area.

Your question about noting down your income, I do it in my register each week and put my dedutions on the same page and then at the
    end of the tax year calate all the figures and then you just put your income and expenses on the tax return and submit it.
    Hope this helps.
    Cath