Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hats off to you single parent Childminders

Hubster is "up north" all this week on a residential course.

I have a busy week with work and it's half term. I'm shattered already!

I'm very lucky in that he pulls his weight with chores and the child rearing of DD and DS so really missing him being here. I suppose if I was on my own I'd get into my own routine, but even so....

I admire you all :-)

2. Likes Bumble Beez, The Juggler liked this post
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I often worry what life in my household would be like if DH worked away...
    He's an HGV driver and at the moment has a fab job, 5 mins from home working days...but what if he had to do long distance, or weeks away?!
    I think I would be a blithering wreck within two days
    I'm with you Tealady...hats off
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a single parent childminder and I take my hat off to childminders in relationships, I couldn't deal with someone getting in my way all the time

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    I'm a single parent childminder and I take my hat off to childminders in relationships, I couldn't deal with someone getting in my way all the time
    I sometimes wish I was on my own the amount my DH moans about the toys and extra equipment about the house!!!

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been a single parent years ago and you just get on with things because you have to, well I did.

Now I'm married but still am a single parent, well feel like one as hubby is an HGV driver and away all week, comes home Friday and then leaves again Sunday or Monday. It's what we are used to and I have a fab routine which when he's here he disrupts

I probably cope better with him being away coz I was a single parent and while I like him being here, I also like being on my own

Carol xx

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, being single parent or even if I did not have a child being a chidlminder with no man about the house is probably easier. No worries to tidy before he came home, no need to make s dinner at the end of a hard day. My home looks like a nursery, no man would put up with it I am sure lol!!

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

My boyfriend adds to the mess, he leaves his coat, lap top and bag on the sofa! Shoes in the lounge. This morning there was a box of tools on the window ledge..sealed but STILL!!! ARGH! Can't keep up with clearing up after the kids let alone hanging his coat up for him!

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure men are much harder work than children are. My oh is a HGV driver too he doesn't work away but just has funny shifts one week he does days the next nights. I think it's just getting into a good routine that helps. I miss him when he works nights but it is easier as once ds is in bed I know the house is clean and tidy and it'll stay that way. When oh is here I can get up in the morning and have to wash dishes, tidy front room and all sorts before I start I think he forgets either that or thinks we've got a nice cleaning fairy? I wish. Men

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a single mum to 4 kids and childmind long days and it isnt easy but just like if single married etc you get on wit it

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not a single parent, but i do all chores. Ny H works 12 hour dats and creates a mess at the weekends!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I'm sure men are much harder work than children are. My oh is a HGV driver too he doesn't work away but just has funny shifts one week he does days the next nights. I think it's just getting into a good routine that helps. I miss him when he works nights but it is easier as once ds is in bed I know the house is clean and tidy and it'll stay that way. When oh is here I can get up in the morning and have to wash dishes, tidy front room and all sorts before I start I think he forgets either that or thinks we've got a nice cleaning fairy? I wish. Men
    My DH is a HGV driver and used to work away all week. Now he's home every night and it is nice to have someone around...he loves the kids and they all run to him and call his name when he walks through the door! We have an allotment and tonight they will all go home with a pumpkin that he's grown for them. I think because our children have all grown and flown the mindees keep us young at heart!

On the rare occasions he's brought his lorry home the children have loved it. At the moment he works for a very famous haulage company and one if the dads is a spotter so as you can imagine I'm a very popular childminder with that particular parent!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrs owl View Post

My DH is a HGV driver and used to work away all week. Now he's home every night and it is nice to have someone around...he loves the kids and they all run to him and call his name when he walks through the door! We have an allotment and tonight they will all go home with a pumpkin that he's grown for them. I think because our children have all grown and flown the mindees keep us young at heart!

On the rare occasions he's brought his lorry home the children have loved it. At the moment he works for a very famous haulage company and one if the dads is a spotter so as you can imagine I'm a very popular childminder with that particular parent!
    Just realised that my post was totally irrelevant to this thread sorry!

I brought my own children up when he was on the road it used to drive me mad that he'd be away all week and then become a 'child expert' at the weekends! So in some ways it's harder to have someone who works away but then at least it's nice to have the weekend to look forward to as family time