independent handwash idea for those with no downstairs loo....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default independent handwash idea for those with no downstairs loo....

Don't know if you all have a toilet downstairs or accessible sink for children to be independent for handwashing but I have introduced something that works really well. I have bought a drinks dispenser from Morrisons for £10. You are supposed to fill it up with punch I guess but I fill it with warm water and then the children can use the tap to wash their hands. I sit it inside a low level small water play table. the water table has a rubber plug in the bottom of the play table so it makes it a lot easier to drain it.

this is one of the best things I have done to encourage independent hand-washing so thought I would share. Before I would have to lift children to the kitchen sink or get them a chair to stand on and not that hygienic for my kitchen.
    think I have mentioned this before on another thread but it is working so well that I thought I would share again!

2. Likes N/A, TJF liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
    Don't know if you all have a toilet downstairs or accessible sink for children to be independent for handwashing but I have introduced something that works really well. I have bought a drinks dispenser from Morrisons for £10. You are supposed to fill it up with punch I guess but I fill it with warm water and then the children can use the tap to wash their hands. I sit it inside a low level small water play table. the water table has a rubber plug in the bottom of the play table so it makes it a lot easier to drain it.

this is one of the best things I have done to encourage independent hand-washing so thought I would share. Before I would have to lift children to the kitchen sink or get them a chair to stand on and not that hygienic for my kitchen.
    think I have mentioned this before on another thread but it is working so well that I thought I would share again!
    Bluebell...you are indeed very resourceful...another good idea to get around the hygiene requirement!

Dec 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

very clever x
    God Bless xx T

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Great idea

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about recourceful. I discussed with environmental health when they registered me as a food business that a bowl of warm water would be a better option than my kitchen sink - and then it got tipped over during my ofsted visit so I abandoned it after that!!

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

What a brilliant idea!!! Love it

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh ill have to look for those - nice!