printing from an iphone / ipad?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default printing from an iphone / ipad?

I have an old iphone 3gs and i love it! next march i am due an upgrade and will get another newer iphone if they are within budget (this costs me £13.50 a month).
    There is also an ipad in the house.
    I a tying myself in knots looking for a printer, other childminding friends have pogos but i dont think they work with iphones?
    I bought a £39.99 canon last week as it has wifi, its all set up fine but the pictures are so dark when they come out, they really are carp! Plus the computer needs to be switched on and its now used as a replacement for out hp which works fine but without wifi.
    What i need is a:
    • wifi printer
    • works remotely from the compuer so can be downstairs
    • print from iphone and ipad
    • small (prefrebly)

any ideas?
    Owners of a lovely 2 bedroom holiday cottage www.thecottagegillamoor.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Watching this thread cos I want one too!

Post Thanks / Like

Why is it whatever i want isnt even made yet? am i so different to the norm?

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok I am not sure but is it wifi you need or bluetooth compatable?

My husband has suggested we get one. Our old printer is on the way out so I would like to get one too but I would quite like one that scans, photocopies and is compatible with my i-phone and can also print good quality photos.
    We haven't really looked so I can't make any suggestions but I will have a look and get back to you - I will ask hubby too and see if he had a particular model in mind.

As for the dark prints on your current printer - this may be something you can adjust in settings. might be worth having a go before splashing out on a new printer!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, sorry but I have splashed out £40 on this cannon, its turned out to be a replacement printer which i dont need, i want a separate printer for photos that means i dont have to turn on the computer.
    There is nothing wrong with the old HP apart from not having wifi, so to print i email myself photos then print and its so time consuming!!

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I prob have same cannon and i use it fine with ipad. I still use my pogo with my phone for pics
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,I have an iPad & iPhone & have just bought an HP photosmart 5524 printer it's fantastic. With iPad etc you need it to be AirPrint I think x

Post Thanks / Like

I have just bought an lg photo pocket printer. I have an I phone and was told pogo printers arnt compatable but the lg one was designed to work with iPods, iPhones and iPads.

It is slightly bigger than the iPhone itself and is connected to my iPhone by downloading a free app and pairing with Bluetooth. I go into the app on my phone, allow it to access my phones photos, select the one I want then hit print. Takes 30 seconds if that and out pops a little picture, perfect size for the learning journals!

It's perfect for me. I was fed up only getting the chance to print off my photos at the end of a term as i just didnt have time any other time. I used to spend hours looking through them, selecting the ones I wanted then sizing them then printing them off. I really took a long time to the point is feel like was only just finishing then I'd have to do it all over again. So much time wasted.

Now that I've got my lg pocket printer I print out my photos as soon as I take them, stick it in the learning journal and write up my observation. It works for me and no more spending hours if an evening or weekend doing it.

9. Likes clairelou, Leela liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much, it looks perfect if it works with my 3gs, it is a little more than i wanted to pay but as its only for childminding i guess its allowable.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thought to. But then I thought of all the unpaid hours sat in the office away from my family and I decided to go for it. Now have some of my life back thanks to a tiny little photo printer lol. X

12. Likes clairelou liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola Carlyle View Post
    That's what I thought to. But then I thought of all the unpaid hours sat in the office away from my family and I decided to go for it. Now have some of my life back thanks to a tiny little photo printer lol. X
    This sounds great .. Will put on my Christmas list! What size does it print?

Post Thanks / Like

About the size of a credit card

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just looked at the reviews and it looks great on paper BUT it is .34p minimum each photo and to me that is alot. Also no sticky back paper like the pogo.

I got very exited until I saw this but now I think I will have to wait for the next new one to come along.
    Debbie

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a kodak ESP C310. It's a printer, scanner & photocopier. I can print from my Samsung s4, samsung galaxy tab, my old iphone & from laptop.
    It's an 'air print' printer which is what I think you'll need to be able to print from phones & tablets.
    I just downloaded the free kodak app & linked it to the printer.
    It has saved me so much time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola Carlyle View Post
    About the size of a credit card
    Ah no! Would need something that prints bigger was thinking even for our family photos for the albums sick of them just being on computer.. Thanks anyways!

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have an i pad and have been told I need a printer that has air print so I can print with one touch! Most wi fi printers will work with the i pad but you need some additional software.

Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an air printer (HP 6510) which does print from iphone and ipad but unfortunately not the size I need :-( .The prints are too big, iphone doesn't give you any choice when printing directly so I still use my computer