Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    July'07
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy New Customer No Show

Hi all I'm totally new to forum and quite new to childminding so forgive me if my questions seem trivial. I had a potential customer come and see me about 4 weeks ago signed all the contracts for her 2 sons due to start with me this coming tuesday and I was contacting her over the past few days just to confirm all going to plan for starting tuesday. However I feel as if she is ignoring me after not answering her phone nor replying to a txt message I am disappointed to say the least as I think her children aren't going to start and she just doesn't want to tell me. But the whole reason she came to sign up before xmas was to ensure I didn't let the places go to any1 else and held them for her children I feel really let down I have an awful feeling she has just taken my registered childminding number and may claim childcare assistance against my service when I feel she has no intention of using me nor notifying me she's not either.
    Any advice greatly appreciated
    Tanks
    1st timer Lisa

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Customer No Show

I must admit that I would presume the same if it were me or, of course, maybe she's just changed her mobile number and forgotten to tell you as she hasn't started with you yet?

I guess you will see on Tuesday!

Will be such a shame if she is letting you down though, very rude of her not to let you know too.

I hope that there's a good explanation for her not contacting you.

Good luck.

May 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 5
    Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed that there is a good reason why she hasn't been in touch again.
    Did you take a retainer fee to keep the places for her children? If not, its definately something to consider for the future.

Emler x

July'07
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for your advice I never took a retainer fee but definately something to bear in mind for the future I will just have to wait and see what happens on tuesday fingers crossed as its not the best time of year to be down 2 places thanks again for advice will let you know what happens tuesday ps how much is the average or norm for retainer fee?
    cheers lisa
    pps any1 know how i change my username now its set?? or can't I?

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Lisa, I hope u hear something from the parent soon.

Let us know

XXXX

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lisa

Hope you are enjoying the forum

Do not worry about your questions we all have problems from time to time so everyone will be glad to help

Sorry about this parent - do you think maybe they could have gone away for a few days or something - some of my parents are still away because schools are not open here till Tuesday

I really hope it is a simple answer and she is not going to let you down

If she does not reply or does not turn up though - I would post a short but firm mesage through her door to inform her that you will have to inform tax credits that she is not taking the place ( it will make you feel better - and it will make her worry a little if she thinks you are going to inform them - that way she might think twice about doing that using your registration )

I had it happen to me earlier in the year I usually ask for a deposit but did not because it hardly seemed worth it - I saw her and met the children on a Saturday and they were due to start on the Monday )

You live and learn though and not everyone is honest

I really hope they get in touch with you

You will get loads of advice here for future reference though if they do not - about deposits etc

Good luck and do not forget to let us know what happens

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lisa

Welcome to the forum

Shouldn't worry too much yet - wait until Tuesday, you may find that everything is OK after all

If not and you suspect that she did just want your details then I'd do as Angel says and let her know you intend to inform tax credits.

Then chalk it up to experience

Miffy xx

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope she turns up

I had this happen a couple of years ago lady signed everything in October to start in the Jan, I just couldn't get hold of her at all, so went round her house with her bill in the end just so I had reason to go lol!! She still needed me and seemed a bit shocked I was worried she'd be a no show so hopefully same for you

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum!

You've had good answers... I just wanted to add, if you want to change your user name you need to pm Pauline... she's the only one who might be able to help you...

Talk soon x

Sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    good luck on Tuesday! Try not to worry as they may be away...!

I usually take a 2 weeks' deposit ...which is refundable at the end of the contract.

Good luck

Jana

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd wait till Tuesday maybe though try and get in touch with her on Monday if you can.

If they don't turn up on Tuesday then I'd do as Angel says.

I've had people not turn up after filling in the contracts, some obviously only wanting your reg number to claim child care.

I have learnt by my mistakes though.

Really hope she turns up on Tuesday

Let us know what happens

Carol xx

July'07
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi every1 thanks for your advice the lady txt me on monday to say her children won't be starting til this week now as her son was unwell fair enough hopefully it was just a breakdown in communication will let you know if they come.
    I hope so as ive been out posting businesscards through doors just as a back up plan. P.S. does anyone know where I can get a copy of Childminding Policies as in Dec my laptop crashed and yes uve guessed it I only had one hard copy of my policies and all data on my laptop was lost im so angry that i didnt think to back them up on a disk but as one of the forum members said 'u live and learn' but im frightened im gonna get a call advising of my inspection date and i'm gona have to rewrite my policies all over again. tried looking on google but nothing any advice greatly appreciated thanks
    Lisa :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got the work bit sorted but sorry to hear about your lap-top.

Try this link for policies

www.bromleycma.org.uk

miffyxx

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa's Little Angels View Post
    my laptop crashed and yes uve guessed it I only had one hard copy of my policies and all data on my laptop was lost im so angry that i didnt think to back them up on a disk but as one of the forum members said 'u live and learn' Lisa :-)
    Exactly the same thing happened to me in November Yes I learnt the hard way. I did have a hard copy, thankfully!! (I had completely finished them and printed and bound one copy) and I had no alternative but to re-type them all in ..... took forever.

DH bought me one of those memory stick thingys and now I ALWAYS back up on that. I have even got DS to put a copy on his memory stick as a 'double-back-up'
    Buttons xx

30 Oct
    Post Thanks / Like

the same thing happened to me in December!!

Luckily though the chap who repaired the laptop was able to retrieve all data on hard drive.

Still haven't saved everything though. Must do that this week!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i should do a back up disc this week really after reading all your stories x
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

July'07
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks i will check out thayt site i reckon if i combine what i had in the copy i had printed off with bromley i can just retype it all gradually thanks again really should get off this laptop now as my husband shall think im being very anti-social on a saturday night absolutely loving this site its great and hopefully in time i will b able to pass on my advice once i become a bit more experienced in the childminding world. nite forum ladies,
    lisa

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use a memory stick as well - plus I put all my files on the kids computer and I copy them over every couple of days... I lost all my stuff a long while ago now but it really taught me a lesson!

Night night Lisa x

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by button68 View Post
    Exactly the same thing happened to me in November Yes I learnt the hard way. I did have a hard copy, thankfully!! (I had completely finished them and printed and bound one copy) and I had no alternative but to re-type them all in ..... took forever.

DH bought me one of those memory stick thingys and now I ALWAYS back up on that. I have even got DS to put a copy on his memory stick as a 'double-back-up'
    I do that to.

A memory stick plus I always keep paper copies of ll paperwork ready just incase I get a parent who wants to visit straight away, has happened in the past and wasn't prepared.

Carol xx

Registe
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I am also fairly new to minding and your problem sounds very familiar to me. I have signed up contracts with three different families over the last couple of months and nothing has come from it. Two families had me minding for just one week, then nothing....not even a phone call! However they all asked for forms to be signed (which i did) in order to claim towards their minding fees.
    It's quite annoying after all the time spent going over contracts etc in the first place.

mags.x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast