How tidy is your kitchen during the day?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How tidy is your kitchen during the day?

I think I just want reassurance that I'm not alone in this!!! How do you all keep on top of keeping the kitchen clean or are you like me and sometimes turn round when cooking tea and find you're clearing the breakfast dishes? I have 2 or 3 toddlers every morning that I do breakfast and lunch for then older children in the afternoon and after school that get lunch and tea. With all the time restraints pick ups, drop offs, nursery and school etc I just don't get near it till tea time. last year all my wee ones were 3 & 4 so played happily while I cleared up but now they're all 1 so its a completely different ball game!!! Plus they're all on baby led weaning and self feeding so meal times are really messy!
    All ideas and strategies welcome

2. Likes watgem liked this post
    Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My kitchen is 3mx2m and requires constant washing up and putting away or I'd never fit in there!! The rest of the house is a tip! Lol

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is a TIP. Parents see how nice, shiny & beautifully clean it is first thing in the morning so I'm not bothered how it looks when they collect. I make sure that I sweep the floor (slip hazard) and I put plates etc in the sink but that's all I do during the day. Sometimes if all kids end up sleeping at the same time I'll have a tidy up.

5. Likes watgem liked this post
    Oct 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! My kitchen dishes always end up in a huge pile. Looks so untidy. Ive started getting into a routine of when one mindee goes at 1 we all have quiet time with tv on or nap for an hour (sometimes kids get bored before the hours up) and i do all my dishes then

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So glad I saw this! I thought I was a terrible CM! So wish we had room for a dishwasher so I could hide it all in there!

8. Likes watgem liked this post
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine starts off ok and gets worse during the day. It all piles up and then I have to do it all when they have gone home I just pull the kitchen door shut at collection time lol x

10. Likes watgem liked this post
    dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tealady View Post
    So glad I saw this! I thought I was a terrible CM! So wish we had room for a dishwasher so I could hide it all in there!
    I have a dishwasher but it usually needs emptied. I am trying to train my 2 dds (12 and 16) to fill an empty it in the evening but if they haven't remembered (and ignored me reminding them!) then I have that to do too. I have 1 mum who always arrives in the middle of me giving lunch and as I have 2 in a high chair and 1 on a booster with harness I've told her to just come in as I don't like leaving them unattended to go to the door - especially the one in the booster seat. I apologise for the kitchen every day but sure she must think "What a tip!"

So glad it's not just me!!

12. Likes watgem liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My kitchen looks like plane just crashed in it - it always does.....

But it's clean (ish)

14. Likes watgem, Tealady liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had Ofsted out to my setting last Wednesday due to a police officer ringing them and making a referral due to my kitchen being filthy (a carrier bag attatched to a cupboard door handle where I was emptying lunch and crumbs on my work top) id only rung the police has my car had been broken into on the 5th of august the Ofsted inspector was here 3 hours hunting for dirt and couldn't find any

Post Thanks / Like

Can send u a pic of mine if u like!! Like you have three smallies self feeding and just don't get time Til naptime but then I am trying to get a break or have one asleep in buggy In there

My dds job is dishwasher so they do it mid afternoon if I haven't got that far so I can cook dinner

You are not alone!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Dishwasher - load it when breakfast is finished, lunch is loaded once they are in bed in the afternoon, tea time as they are eating pudding and balance when they have gone home
    Debbie

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have got a dishwasher too..so can hide it away, before that my assistant would wash up 3 times a day

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle View Post
    I had Ofsted out to my setting last Wednesday due to a police officer ringing them and making a referral due to my kitchen being filthy (a carrier bag attatched to a cupboard door handle where I was emptying lunch and crumbs on my work top) id only rung the police has my car had been broken into on the 5th of august the Ofsted inspector was here 3 hours hunting for dirt and couldn't find any
    Goodness me, what an idiot. There are nearly always crumbs on my worktop. What on earth did they hope to gain by complaining. I would have been so angry

20. Likes Goatgirl, watgem, jane5, ziggy liked this post
    Sep 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Think it was one of you lovely ladies on here that mentioned Flylady website. I shine my sink after breakfast now and I've emptied the cupboard under the sink so I can hide my dirty pots in there. Lol lol.
    Genius!!!!

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

During my food inspection, the inspector suggested I keep my sink free for hand washing! Nearly laughed but managed not to. I do try and tidy up as I go along but it doesn't always happen.

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I mentioned in passing to one of my patents how embarrassed I am sometimes when I take a photo of their child doing an s to city and in the background there are a pile of dirty dishes pans etc.

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mum24 View Post
    I mentioned in passing to one of my patents how embarrassed I am sometimes when I take a photo of their child doing an s to city and in the background there are a pile of dirty dishes pans etc.
    Sorry sent too soon :-))

This phone makes up its own messages:-!)))

right- parent said she did not take notice of the mess in the background of photos as it meant i was looking after her lo and not cleaning the house:-)

25. Likes watgem, jane5, Petshrinklj liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My kitchen is always spotless. The sides are clean and clear of all clutter. The floor sparkles. The cupboards are all sorted and perfectly arranged. The sink is empty and shining...

...oh no, my mistake, it's nothing like that at all

We use the kitchen for playing, so it does have to be pretty clean & clear. Today the children had mats down & were lying on the kitchen floor. The floor is clean. I just hope they can't see under the cooker from lying there!

27. Likes watgem, The Juggler, jane5, primula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle View Post
    Omg!!!! That's outrageous !!!

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a dishwasher so make sure i empty it in the morning ready for the day and I add the dishes to it all day and put it on at night ready for the next day! Xx

30. Likes watgem liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast