Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nania trio plus car seat recall?

Just had an email from one of my mums with a link to WHICH? stating that this car seat (which I have 2 of from Asda baby events) has been branded unsafe.

Their report states that the manufacturer and Kiddicare will replace them with an updated model....I asked at Asda and they won't exchange them personally.

I'll be ringing the manufacturer and will update on my progress I just thought everyone should know as they are so widely sold,especially at Asda.

Which? advice: replace Nania Trio Plus car seat - June - 2013 - Which? News

dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, please update which result of your call to Nania. I got 2 of them bought a year ago from Asda.
    thank you.

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Grrrrrr....been trying them every 5 mins since 9am-either engaged or "we are unable to take your call at the moment....please try again later"

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, any news on this? My mum has one she uses for the grandchildren, bought from asda about 2 years ago, but she hasn't kept receipt. Just wondering if anyone had any joy re replacement?
    Thank you x

dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Im sure i read that they have improved the model since but only this yr and if u google asda nania recall theres a page on asdas website where u get in touch with manufactuer

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw this on FB a little while ago. The models affected are pre 2012 and maybe 2012. 2013 models are fine. A lady posted of FB about how her little boys legs were both broken etc. Terrible. I shared the link so I'll have a go at finding it...

The recall also affects the kiddicare maxi xp, which is identical
    a link to the which? page here
    Which? advice: replace Nania Trio Plus car seat - June - 2013 - Which? News
    Last edited by Ali56; 24-09-2013 at 08:12 PM.

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I emailed the manufacturer giving the serial Nos on the side and they sent replacemets. They took about 2 weeks to arrive.

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I got mine replaced also. I emailed them, they asked me to email photo of serial number on back of seat, and I got replacement within 3 days! Fantastic service. They did say they had over 3000 emails so might take a while to get them out to everyone.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I rang head office of Asda to have a moan as my local store wouldn't take them back. I had 3, 2 x 2010 and 1 x 2011. they checked the serial numbers off of the back of each chair and said I could return them. When I took them back to the store they said no. After a lot of phone calls and me refusing to budge head office took them back via the store (full £25 credit on each)

I would advise anyone to call head office in Leeds but if anyone says yes then get a name and reference number as I am sure you will have problems instore

Kiddicare are taking theirs back but they have a kiddicare logo on them so won't take the Nania ones.
    Debbie

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We rang regarding our seats this morning, gentleman told me that they have NOT been recalled, but as a goodwill gesture they will change them. Sending 2 replacements out to us, but allow up to 6 weeks for them to arrive. Original carseats are safe to use in the meantime .