Getting rid of foul mood!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting rid of foul mood!!

Hey all prob sounds incredibly stupid but I can't shake this bad mood and I am really worried I'm becoming increasingly bad at my job, is this normal, do other CMs ever feel like this? I am just so irritable and I don't know what to do about it!!!

2. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi this doesn't sound stupid but you do need to work out what is wrong, is it the job or something else? Are you feeling alright otherwise ? You could be tired and in need of a break.

4. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Cheshire
    Post Thanks / Like

This job is stressful...when was your last time off maybe you just need to step back? and are you having a bad time with parents/kids that can really get you down. xxxx Big hug. x

6. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I get this from time to time especially after a breakaway and I think do I really want to be a childminder.
    But I find really engaging with a child over a book or activity or laughing over some thing gets me thru it.
    When I feel detached from it all it is easy to stay detached and the problem gets worse. If I force myself to engage closely it really helps me- that and a good walk after work.
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

I just take a long hot bath and go to bed with my iPad, always cheers me up!

Or just treat my family to a meal out.

Just pack your last mindee off for the night and away out you go..

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Could it be hormone related - try some evening primrose or other vitamins and minerals to give yourself a boost. Have you got a particular child or day that gets you down? When I have had a difficult child I have treated myself to a new top or haircut and in my mind said "X paid for that" - it makes you like them more, as you wouldn't get your treat without them!

Keep a simple diary over the week - identify what you did when you felt happy and uplifted eg; walk in the fresh air
    and what got you down - eg: difficult child or parent, state of the house - what can you do to turn more of your down moments into happy ones.

Hope you feel better soon.

10. Likes kellyskidz!, Maza liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry, we all get overwhelmed with this job, its a very demanding job
    We're all like a doctor, mother, friend, activity planner, coordinator, chef, owner, manager, entertainer, observer, taxi driver, and so many other things every day, its bound to be stressful at times.
    Even the most 'perfect' childminder will have days where they have a wobble and think oh god, that's all part of it!
    But if its really getting you down why not write a list of good and bad point of minding, if that's the problem, and if there's more bad then try to change them over a period of time, then look again and see if things have improved for you
    Sending hugs and good luck xxx
    Kelly xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I get like this when I stay in doors for too long. I give myself a swift kick up the bum and plan more time out and try and interact with others so you are not on your own
    Debbie

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

if its any consolation i just went out with the double buggy and buggy board as the LOs were being mischevious. A nice walk up hill pushing that lot was enough to deflate even the worst mood. Try some physical exertion when you feel like that it might help x

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Jadavi I feel like this after holidays. It's a wrench getting everything out again ready for the little ones. It's lovely to look after them but all the clutter gets to me sometimes!

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like summer holiday blues to me! I've Been the same. Roll on September!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I agree combination of things, a nice long weekend is going to be amazing!!

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I take evening primrose oil each day 3000mg , and it makes such a difference. I was so grumpy each month and snappy and fed up. But now , although I still get slightly moody each month it's so much better. Might be worth a try?
    Enjoy the long weekend.
    X

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

How are you feeling now? Much better I hope. X

Post Thanks / Like

Yes much better thank you all, I think I had just got stuck into daily routine, work until 6, paper work for hour or so, tea, bath and bed, so it's amazing to have a break!

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleMarie88 View Post
    Yes much better thank you all, I think I had just got stuck into daily routine, work until 6, paper work for hour or so, tea, bath and bed, so it's amazing to have a break!
    It's amazing how refreshed you feel after even a small break isn't it. Glad you're feeling better.. x