What you do is fun, so it is not like work at all!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

You should definately get him to help out...my oh has helped me a few times & agree's that childminding is a lot harder than his job...he finds looking after out two boys (2 & 3) hard enough when he had them on his own during the weekend

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

For anyone who says that childminding isn't a 'proper job', I'd ask them what their definition of a proper job is.

I'm very lucky that my DH is fully appreciative of what my job entails. It wasn't always that way and we regularly had the 'I work harder than you' arguements. We now accept that our jobs are very different and stressful/hard in different ways. I work longer hours than him. I start work before he gets out of bed and I'm still working when he gets home. He always makes me a drink before he leaves the house and again when he gets home. We share the cooking and housework.

But we both know that despite the pressures I'm under with paperwork, courses, parents etc, there are also plenty of times when all the children are asleep, so I can put my feet up with a cuppa and watch Neighbours. Or the long days when I'm sat in the sunshine in the garden, watching the children play while I dangle my feet in the paddling pool. This job can be hard...but not always!

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

What was his reply once he got back up on his feet??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12