we look after a little boy now aged 2.4 months very intelligent but very spoilt and he has constant meltdowns eg if he can't have someone else's toys, if he trips, if he can't have a biscuit, a bottle or his own way. This morning we worked really hard with him, had discussions, re explained rules - no bottles or biscuits in Isabel's house- anyway by the afternoon he was lovely and then mum came to pick him up. He wanted a tennis ball another child was playing and went into meltdown, she said to other child 'can T have the ball when you have finished' I explained to mum that we had been working all day to teach T not to have melt downs or to demand others toys. She said 'he is allowed a melt down when he sees me' I said 'look he isn't even crying just yelling' another mum was there picking up her child she just cringed and I was so embarrassed. I sent T's mum an email saying that we are redirecting T rather than asking other children to give up their toys ( and there were several tennis balls laying around!). Last week the children had stickers on, when his mum came T decided he wanted B's stickers, guess what! mum took stickers of B and gave to T. I was speechless but also feel like I am a coward and not being assertive enough with this mum. Today I feel so angry with her and that she is undoing the work that we do with her child.