Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by munch149 View Post
    I have a britax and a mothercare car seat in second row and a baby start 123 seat in third row as always put oldest in the back as more able to climb in and out themselves. My double pushchair I put in the middle row footwell as fits better there anyway and with car seats it doesn't get in childrens way. Umbrella single stroller will fit in the boot. I did once get three across the middle but can't remember what seats I had. The ones I've got now must be wider as I can't do it again.
    Thanks for your reply, I have a single in the boot but from September need a double too.

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Read this thread with interest, how can you all afford all these posh cars!

I have "Trev", he is a Toyota Previa, he has 8 seats but is soooooooooooooooooooo old and battered but just goes on and on. He is huge, wide with a sliding door and fits 8 adults in comfort, hundreds of car seats, a mountain of Ikea furniture, two big dogs stretched out as far as they can and has many a time delivered 8 drunken 18 year olds safety home from a night out on the town! He has hit walls and posts , is easy to park due to a goldfish bowl amount of windows and gives a wonderful view over hedges, into peoples gardens for a nose and makes me feel safe on the motorway.

He does guzzle petrol, has high road tax, never has a bath and is not too pleasing on the eye but he is Trev the Prev and we love him

Oops I mean 7 drunken 18 year olds as I would be the driver and therefore sober and definitely not 18!

3. Likes loocyloo, lynncjt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy De View Post

I have "Trev", he is a Toyota Previa, he has 8 seats but is soooooooooooooooooooo old and battered but just goes on and on. He is huge, wide with a sliding door and fits 8 adults in comfort, hundreds of car seats, a mountain of Ikea furniture, two big dogs stretched out as far as they can and has many a time delivered 8 drunken 18 year olds safety home from a night out on the town! He has hit walls and posts , is easy to park due to a goldfish bowl amount of windows and gives a wonderful view over hedges, into peoples gardens for a nose and makes me feel safe on the motorway.

He does guzzle petrol, has high road tax, never has a bath and is not too pleasing on the eye but he is Trev the Prev and we love him

Oops I mean 7 drunken 18 year olds as I would be the driver and therefore sober and definitely not 18!
    Ha I was wondering about the 8 18 year olds!! Sounds like a great reliable car. Go Trev!!

5. Likes Daisy De liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is the downside to having a large car and teenagers! Lol
    Mandy xx

7. Likes Daisy De liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Argh!! I am in the same predicament, I'm looking into leasing as I can't afford to buy outright,new or used.

Was looking at the Qashqui+2 with 2 car seats in the back and car seat and small boosters in the middle?? Any thoughts?! Anyone else got one?!

Only issue is I'm not sure my phil and teds double will fit in the boot even without no wheels?!

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

When I had my grand scenic...I bought an extra single and double umbrella folding buggy from kiddicare. Simply the cheapest buggies I could get that folded as small as possible...they worked a treat and I still use them now as they're just easy to get in and out of the bus now perfect for school runs and trips out!!

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy De View Post

Lol brilliant, your post did make me laugh.

11. Likes Daisy De liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a Zafria and we love it. We got it from motor point and was less then a years old. At weekends we drop seats down and have a big boot. We have 3 children and its a must for us. Really really easy to pop seats up and down. Why don't you go to available car where all the cars are unlocked and staff leave you alone, have a sit in and a play with the cars. Then go else where to buy one that's cheaper lol.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much,

I am currently going through all the cars, although I really love the Chrysler Grand Voyager!!

We bought our car outright and although it is a good little runner, it is old and we recently found out it had been in TWO right offs which the garage failed to tell us! Also, it is starting to require quite a bit of work which is going to cost more than the car is worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your search.
    Mandy xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12