planning tools /activity ideas - books? apps? Online systems?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default planning tools /activity ideas - books? apps? Online systems?

Hi I am looking for an online tool or app or really decent comprehensive book that will give me lots and lots of different activity suggestions - really original ones (I'm ok with craft activities) like messy play or investigations.

I would like to be able to see activities and see all the different aspects of development matters - each indicator and each age range that it may be related to. I know that obviously it depends how the activity goes and how each child reacts but think this would be a really useful planning tool for me.

I am really good at planning activities that are for fun or to engage interest and then observing what i see and drawing out the development matters but this often leads to gaps in the areas of learning because i am not specifically planning for the different areas. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a combination of different things - Toucan Learn and Imagination Tree on Pinterest are my favourites online and I have several books.

I have never found a definitive book or just one online source.

3. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you - I've seen an online subscription package for EYFS observations, invoicing, etc but it has what looks to be a really good resource for amazing activities broken down to possible links that can be made for each age range and different aspects. Just thought it would be amazing resource and really liked the way it was done, but I'm not interested in the online observations or admin side of it so can't justify the huge expense!!
    I've signed up for a free site that is good but is just for the EYFS obs. will have to see how it goes!

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Pinterest a lot. Imagination tree link to EYFS at the bottom of her activities x

6. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

ooh thanks!