Likes Likes:  67
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't do a full on booze run with the kids while I was working, but having said that, I did once meet one of my mindees and his mum on their way back from the shops, he was walking and his buggy was full of alcohol! It was just before christmas and they had loads of family en route. We had a good laugh about how it must have looked.

In the past I've also ordered several boxes of bottles of wine for another mindees parents and had them delivered to our house while I was working. Mindees parents were getting married, and since my mum works part time at a supermarket she gets the staff discount on top of any other promotions so they saved a lot of money on booze for their reception!

I don't really drink much, but I've had a bottle of Pimms out in the kitchen for the last couple of weeks, and so far none of the children have tried to drink it, turned into raging alcoholics, or tried to glass each other in the face so I think I might be OK!

I've also (shock, horror!) been to the pub a couple of times with mindees. The pub has a lovely outside play area and loads of space to run around, so we've meet some friends for lunch and once or twice lately stopped off for a cold drink and a shady sit down while walking the dog. Sometimes we have ice cream. None of the parents have ever had a problem (right now they're more jealous because they've been stuck in sweltering offices all day!)

Am I a terrible childminder?

2. Likes cupcake22, loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    feb 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been in a supermarket with mindees before buying bits for cooking etc and needed a bottle of wine for that evening but I didn't buy it. I went back out once i'd finished work. I don't think it's appropriate to do it while we are working!
    X

Post Thanks / Like

There are no rules to say you can't but I wouldn't personally, like others have said if its an offer you can't refuse on a trip out for something I probably would but a full on booze trip is a bit ott; the children she is minding have not learnt anything on that shopping experience.

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 96
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but what I buy when I am shopping makes no difference to the way I do my job. I have bought alcohol & had it delivered whilst working!

Cupcake22

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234