Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Finding it so hard to keep mindees inside

Ive got 8 children today. 11m,18m,3yr,4yr,7yr,9yr and 11yr as well as dd 11. We had to wait in this morning for 18m to arrive at 11am so I made a picnic which we took to the park.
    Its a good 20m walk there and uphill back so after 1.5hrs at the park and a hard walk home I said everyone needed to stay indoors at peak time. We were all puffed out, red cheeked and in need of a sit down. I've put a DVD on which lasted 5mins until 1 came out of the lounge.
    "Can we go outside now?" .... No, not just yet because you all need a break from the sun. Its very hot today and we need to cool down or we are going to overheat.
    5 mins late "Can we go out now?" .....No, lets watch a little more DVD until the big hand gets to the top. Then at 2oclock we can go out and play in the water.
    2mins later (different child) "Can we go outside now?" ..... No, Like ive just explain to xxx and everyone it's too hot, weve had a lot of sun and we need to cool down.
    5mins later "Can we go outside now? ................. aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggg ggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WE NEED TO COOL DOWN SO JUST WATCH THE DVD......................................
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean - We haven't started the hols yet but my garden is south facing and I have had to put the conservatory and the garden out of bounds for the hours when its hottest. The kids haven't been too bad about it - when we get back from school the conservatory is still hot so put a gate across and encouraged kids to stay in just explaining why I need them to stay in. We'll see what happens next week.........
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I must admit I've got my doors open and the older ones at least can go in and out as they please. The LO's have a nap after lunch but other than that I don't mind if they go out. I have the water play area set up under the gazebo along with one of the slides so at least they can get some shade playing under there. I just make sure they are drinking plenty and have hats on. It's as hot in my house as it is outside at the moment.

xxxx

4. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Got my lot back from school yesterday, gave them a cool drink, shut the lounge curtains and put a dvd on for an hour. Just to give them a chance to cool down and relax. Some of them pottered outside later at 4.30pm to sit under the gazebo with their feet in the paddling pool. I'm glad I don't have them all day!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually have the patio doors open in the playroom and operate an in/out freeflow but it has been so hot and with no shade in the garden until after 3pm when the sun goes over the roof I can't risk them playing out all day

They went out at 2pm-3pm and got soaked with the hose sprinkler and water pistols
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Post Thanks / Like

I have fashioned a parachute to act as shade in the conservatory so we can use it. Have done the same outside excuse the mess x

ForumRunner_20130716_164747.jpg