Post Thanks / Like

I supply everything apart from nappies
    Love Amanda

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents supply nappies wet wipes food and suitable clothing.

I have my own highchair one so its always there two so I know it's clean

I use my own pushchair again so I know it's clean (pet hate is a mouldy food pushchair) two most pushchairs don't go through fields mine is the monster truck of pushchairs and parents taking a pushchair to and from mine each day would be extra agro I don't need.

Cars seats is a safety thing. I like to know if any accidents have happened that they are fitted correctly. Some parents smoke and I don't want a smoky seat in my car. Again the clean thing I'm a little OCD. I once did use a parents car seat and asked them to put it in so it was in right. They managed to trap the seat belt in the car seat and we couldn't get the seat out of the car. They went home with my car seat. So never again.

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I supply all equipment...high chairs, boosters, travel cots, prams, car seats etc.

All parents supply are nappies, wipes & suncream

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't see how you can ask for buggy unless got two from same family as eventually you might need a double and everyone would only have singles if only one lo

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I supply everything...only thinks that parents supply is nappies, wipes, sun cream, etc...

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I supply everything from equipment to wipes, parent provides the child

As far as equipment is concerned, I buy it, I know the history, if it gets broken or damaged it's my problem not parents, and I know I have the right stuff for the right age group.

7. Likes loocyloo, Lilylulu liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

I supply everything also.

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I supply all equipment. If I have 3 I need a triple pushchair. A nanny would expect the equipment to be provided but they work in parents home. I don't like using a parents buggy as I worry I might break it.

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I supply all equipment once I did have to ask one parent if we could borrow car seat for the day as DH had taken one of mine to work in his car as he'd had ds on weekend and all was fine. I just like my own stuff u get used to how the car seats all fit in the car, how u fold prams. What would happen if u broke mindees own car seat or buggy

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I use that belongs to parent is carry car seat - as they arrive in them and may be asleep then we go to toddlers, so easier to leave them in own seat. Other than that parents supply nappies, are supposed to supply wet wipes but often find pack only has 2 left in it (for whole day), suncream and sun hats (but one today hasn't brought hat) so down to me to find one to fit again

Mar 14
    Non childminder member
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pre- reg and I got a 7 months baby, I am keeping everything and buy neural colours, my baby is a little girl and last but everything I got I can use for a baby, my only thing I would buy depending on what child I got, is a double pushchair and a second high chair , also need to buy a play pen, cause even if there older children, my daughter is save, I don't drive so don't need to worry about car seats...

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by covgalxxx View Post
    I'm pre- reg and I got a 7 months baby, I am keeping everything and buy neural colours, my baby is a little girl and last but everything I got I can use for a baby, my only thing I would buy depending on what child I got, is a double pushchair and a second high chair , also need to buy a play pen, cause even if there older children, my daughter is save, I don't drive so don't need to worry about car seats...
    Please remember you should buy things you want for your own child too occasionally and not just something because its neutral. I got so bad with this I even started thinking about buying neutral colours for my daughters birthday presents so it can be reused when she's older but then I thought no there for her what would she like. My single pram is black with some pink on but would put a boy in it. My double is neutral. Toys are half and half. I keep large stuff neutral
    For myself too as plan on having more children just don't let It rule decisions

01/2008
    Post Thanks / Like

I have my own equipment highchairs booster seats travel cot and puschairs/carseats I would not expect parents to provide these but if they wanted to that would be fine too. When children are under 1 they generally come in there car seats so I am happy to use these in the car so long as parents show me how to put them in. I expect parents to provide daily things like milk and nappies but i provide baby wipes now as got so fed up of children coming without them lol and to be fair I use alot more to wipe than parents probably do. I also expect change of clothes and seasonal clthing for outdoor play xx

Mar 14
    Non childminder member
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by munch149 View Post

Please remember you should buy things you want for your own child too occasionally and not just something because its neutral. I got so bad with this I even started thinking about buying neutral colours for my daughters birthday presents so it can be reused when she's older but then I thought no there for her what would she like. My single pram is black with some pink on but would put a boy in it. My double is neutral. Toys are half and half. I keep large stuff neutral
    For myself too as plan on having more children just don't let It rule decisions
    Oh no don't worry her pushchair is purple which is hers, her toys are brought for her some of them are pink, but the things like highchairs and baby bouncers ,car seats cost so much so when's brought I just made sure I can use again instead of going second hand for the kids I will have and as well your used to them and you know how they work,someone asked how to close there pushchair the other day I didn't have a clue.. No this is my last child 4 is enough my other daughter got her toys like her lego( super hero ) that she doesn't want to share and it cost a lot, I believe they should have there own stuff as well

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

My sons toys stay up stairs during the week. All Christmas presents and birthday presents stay in his room until the weekend, hen each Christmas we bring his stuff down and his new presents take their place in his room. This gives me a constant rotation of newer toys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    I supply everything from equipment to wipes, parent provides the child

As far as equipment is concerned, I buy it, I know the history, if it gets broken or damaged it's my problem not parents, and I know I have the right stuff for the right age group.
    Exactly, it makes the job easier if you have the right stuff without nagging parents. We supply absolutely everything except formula milk - even down to sunhats, wellies etc - losing a child's sunhat causes hassle and some parents are hit and miss with what they bring, so we have spares of everything from clothes to prams.

Nov 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I supply everything apart from food and nappies!
    It would be a nightmare taking car seats,pushchairs,highchairs etc from parents then having to give them back again.And at least I know how all my equipment works and whether its had any accidents etc.Would not like to be responsible for any damage to parents equipment either.
    HTH x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12