The fb page...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The fb page...

Simona Guest

On the hottest day of the year I did my Child Protection refresher today and Facebook was a subject we discussed!!!
    It does relate to safeguarding yourself and your children after all.

What goes on there is totally out of any cm's control...just be aware that you are responsible for 'safeguarding 'your children and your setting and things can get out of control because some parents may not understand the implications???

Facebook is a 'social' media not a professional way to connect with parents...be sure you have it in your contract that parents are not allowed to refer to you, your practice or anything related to your work..if they do you run the risk of them breaching Data protection and Confidentiality

Food for thought!

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Strangely Simona I was on safeguarding as well today.

They stressed quite strongly to always be professional not to share pictures of the families, or rant about your day or families.
    They also to be aware of sites like moshi monsters where there are chat rooms linked to it. Grooming on these sights is quite high They did say it was very hard in this technology age but to use sensible precautions.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I rarely actually post on Facebook- I go on it a lot but normally just to lurk around the different rooms and stalk a few people... Good that doesn't paint a good picture of me

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordshirecm View Post
    I rarely actually post on Facebook- I go on it a lot but normally just to lurk around the different rooms and stalk a few people... Good that doesn't paint a good picture of me
    Lol...that's made me giggle! Don't think you're alone in doing that...

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Cheshire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a business page on fb but my parents all signed a form and are happy with that. I do have a personal page which i never say anything about minding except about my daughter and never used to add parents to that but got one now who i regret adding as she likes to follow me even now child has left and if i go on for sale sites she buys things off me and likes what i like! getting abit creepy now so wont make that mistake again I will keep my personal page just friends ...wibble included of course

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123