Glass door
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Glass door

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glass door

I am due to get a new PVC door in the playroom. Does anyone know if it is ok to get a full glass door if it is toughened glass please?
    Thank you for your help.

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got 2 sets of French doors and one single door, all glass and ofsted didn't mention them. As long as they have toughened glass they are ok. You could always put some on those clingy pictures on them to make the mindees aware that it is a closed door not open
    Mandy xx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

All new doors are toughened safety glass these days - even my utility window is as it is right next to the half glazed door without a piece of wall in between - your double glazing company should be able to advice you.

Even internal glass doors and I believe glass doors used in furniture making is toughened now - I know I asked about the glass in my new corner tv cabinet.

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Glass should have a safety mark in the corner. Ofsted did look at my full French glass doors, the did find the mark, thank goodness, did not even know there were such a thing, Ofsted told me all glass these days should have one !

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I have glass doors from living room into hall and hall into kitchen. I also have French doors into conservatory which is the play room and my inspector never even mentioned them when here. We are getting the two glass doors replaced with solid doors though and I think I'm going to get those stickers for the French doors so little ones know when they're closed (although that won't be often as it joins into living room and I'm using both for minding so door will be left open).