Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    If it was wrong for that nurse to tape a baby's dummy in its mouth then it's possibly wrong to staple sun hats to ears - however I can't find anything about it in the EYFS booklet - maybe as you are protecting them from the sun it is allowed!
    I missed this - did someone really tape the baby's dummy to their mouth or are you winding me up?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud View Post

I missed this - did someone really tape the baby's dummy to their mouth or are you winding me up?
    No that is true!! Can't remember where in the country but yes I think it was a nursery worker?!!

May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Supernanny86 View Post

No that is true!! Can't remember where in the country but yes I think it was a nursery worker?!!
    It was a nurse !!!!!! Terrible

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It was done, but not by a nursery. It happened in January this year at Stafford Hospital. The presumption was that a nurse had done it. I think the NHS Trust may have got round to admitting it was probably a member of staff, but I'm not entirely sure: that's what the news reports seem to have said. Anyway, somebody had done it, but nobody was owning up or telling. The same hospital (and the entire NHS Trust responsible for Mid-Staffs) is under heavy criticism for over 300 deaths which allegedly may have involved some form of neglect (doG knows how anyone can tell) and an alleged cover-up of goings on possibly involving the Care Quality Commission that is meant to be monitoring them. They are constantly in the news in the Midlands.

I hope we don't have any visiting nursery workers who feel they've been slurred by the membership.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry my bad!! Never meant to offend anyone.

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Does the lo have their ears pierced? If so use the earrings to attach the hat instead of staples

Carol xx

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry my bad!! Never meant to offend anyone.
    No worries. Easy mistake to make.

I'm just waiting to see whether it's the Nutmums lurkers or the FB snipers (....yes, you know who you are, my pretties....) who first pick up on the sunhat stapling thing and take it seriously. As in, "OMG, have you seen what those CMs on the forum are doing to their mindees???!!!!!??? "

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I can totally sympathise with children who won't keep a hat on. I hate them, they make you hotter and sweaty!! I don't enforce they wear one unless their parent stipulates they have to (which none ever have). They all provide sun cream which is used, my garden is partially shaded. If we planned a whole day out I would take some with us but English weather as it is I don't hold out much hope of it being sunny long enough for us to worry too much about wearing them. I maybe wrong but no parent has ever complained about their child not wearing a hat in my setting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12