oh dear, had wee bump in car
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default oh dear, had wee bump in car

Thank goodness for being registered and insured.

I reversed into a neighbours car this morning, we were heading to toddler group.

I noticed a horse down on the main road and was saying to children 'we had better watch that horse doesnt run in front of car', just didnt see my neighbour reversing into her drive n i bumped into her car.

No real damage to my car and a tiny dent in hers but she made such a fuss, so i brought children back into house and called the police.

Police were very understanding but wanted to check i had car insurance etc. They contacted all 3 of my parents, which i wasnt expecting and wanted names, dob, and addresses of all children involved.

So just thankful i am registered and insured and all my paperwork is up to date AND of course more than grateful no one was injured

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you and children are fine, hope parents are understanding these things can happen

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Never mind, all ok, then that's what matters.

Excellent RA and procedure project though, that's if you havn't got anything else to do.

DOn't worry we all have little accidents. and some big ones from the state of some of my parents cars.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good reason not to call the police though, i bet your poor parents hearts leapt into their mouths when the police got on the line about an accident their child had been involved in. I bet they thought it was really serious.

Much nicer for you to be able to explain to them about the accident and how minor it was
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    Good reason not to call the police though, i bet your poor parents hearts leapt into their mouths when the police got on the line about an accident their child had been involved in. I bet they thought it was really serious.

Much nicer for you to be able to explain to them about the accident and how minor it was
    Exactly what I was thinking. Bit of an over reaction from them wasn't it

xxx

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you call the police because the neighbour was threatening you? Did they sort that side of it out? Some people just go ballistic over the tintest scrape.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I called police because she was saying she had multiple health problems, showed me large package of drugs she had collected from chemist and said i needed to understand she was a very sick woman and i was making her worse!!

She was complaining very loudly about pains in her back and chest, calling for someone to fetch her son from in her house. Saying she couldnt get out of car and generally being rather over dramatic.

I had been warned by locals she is a bit of a trouble maker, so thought i would get advice from police. I offered to call ambulance or doctor but she refused.

I contacted all my parents once i had children safely in house, so they knew all about it well before police were involved.

I'm just glad no one was actually hurt and all my paperwork, insurance etc was in order.

8. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh she sounds a real drama queen
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

10. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's not setting the scene for a nice compensation claim.

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's not setting the scene for a nice compensation claim.
    My thoughts exactly!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad enough to have a bump with children on board without an attention seeking tantrum going on, oh yes that wasn't the children was it? bet they were good as gold, silly lady bet she wasn't expecting you to call the police, I hope they told her off. Well done you for remaining calm.

14. Likes ziggy liked this post
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Police took a statement from her saying she was fine and had refused offer of ambulance or doctor.

I have heard rather unpleasant tales about this lady so thought i would call police first and cover myself.

Police were so helpful and told me i'd done the right thing.

Children were as good as gold, they didnt even realise we had a bump, they were just confused as to why we werent heading to toddler group. Off to soft play today, hopefully without bumping into dramatic attention seeking old ladies

16. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

glad you are ok honey and the kids
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

18. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Sept 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Crikey, you're having a run of it aren't you! Glad everyone is OK. How melodramatic of the neighbour!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    My thought too!!

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    I called police because she was saying she had multiple health problems, showed me large package of drugs she had collected from chemist and said i needed to understand she was a very sick woman and i was making her worse!!

She was complaining very loudly about pains in her back and chest, calling for someone to fetch her son from in her house. Saying she couldnt get out of car and generally being rather over dramatic.

I had been warned by locals she is a bit of a trouble maker, so thought i would get advice from police. I offered to call ambulance or doctor but she refused.

I contacted all my parents once i had children safely in house, so they knew all about it well before police were involved.

I'm just glad no one was actually hurt and all my paperwork, insurance etc was in order.
    Good lord, compensation claim coming your way, my husband had a prang in a car park years ago, he was barely moving and neither was the other car, anyway this guy in the other car said he had injuries from bumping his head on the sun viser......!!!! Is it me?. X

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

well she told me and police she didnt want medical help, refused ambulance or visit from doc. Police have this in writing. She also stated she wasnt suffering medical shock, was just bit upset.

She hasnt asked for my insurance details, which i had written out ready for police to hand to her.

I was quite impressed with detailed notes police woman made.

To be honest i'm not worrying about it. Much worse things in life happen.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

so glad to hear you arent worried, i dont know if i would have been so composed so well done you x

24. Likes ziggy liked this post