how many of you have dogs??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Since having the dogs I have not had one placement, people round here have a phobia about dogs it seems, the dogs are 2 pugs who absolutely adore the two little ones I do have (I set of parents dog owners, the others are farmers).
    So when these two little ones go to school (very soon) it doesn't look like I will get any more children.
    Teacake2

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

we have 2 dogs, one dog before I started minding and then she had puppies! the mindees would ask to see the stripes! as they were all black/white and when laid out looked like stripes , and we kept one. I always infrm prospective parents and told Ofsted and they were fine, I have a pet policy and risk assessment, the dogs mostly go upstairs or stay in the kitchen but chidren can pet them under very close supervision with parental permission. My first mindees mum hates dogs and was very nervous, but her LO's love my dogs and enjoy spending time with them and mum is happy as they get their doggy fix with me so she doesn't have to have one. sme of my families have dogs and others would love one but can't for one reason or another so they like the fact that I have lots of pets for their children to interact with without the responsibility or cost!

aug 91
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good in june
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Labradoodle

We have a very large Labradoodle,he doesn't molt so is good for allergies he makes a lot of noise when people arrive I am working on this!!!!!to stop him.It doesn't seem to put people off and in fact I think the 2 cats are more of a problem as their tails are so inviting.I am upfront when people phone or e-mail and in all my blurb so everyone is aware of him before they make an appointment.Ofsted make nothing of it even when I had a boxer/collie cross who was a little iffy and had to be excluded if a child would not leave her alone she would growl and then go under the table with a very sad face which said HELP .

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 dogs at the moment.

When I last had my Ofsted inspection I did send my old boy up to my parents house as he had a bit of dementia and would bark for no reason. The other one went and sat by the inspector. I apologised and offered to move him. She was quite happy and spend the rest of the time typing on her computer and stroking the dog!!

I had a family visit on Sunday whose Dad was worried about the dogs. It turns out he was attacked by dogs when he was little. At the end of the visit I offered them an email reference I had from one of my old parents saying how I dealt with her worries with the dogs. He turned round and said He's not worried and it will be lovely for his girls to have them around. Mum phoned me yesterday saying she would love the girls to come and when can she drop the deposit round.

I don't specify on my childcare profile I have animals, but do say when people phone me. I do like people to meet my dogs, before they decide they don't want me as they are so calm around the kids.

I haven't had anyone not choose me because of the dogs.
    littletreasures xx

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My dog died a couple of months ago and miss her so much. Am desperate for another dog, I miss the company of them. I have always had dogs or cats since being a baby so it's strange not to have one here. Hopefully we'll get one soon, it won't replace the one that died but it'll make me less lonely (even though have hubby and 2 kids). I'd also rather give up minding than give up a pet.
    love Sarah.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a jack Russell and he can be nervous of the wee ones sometimes but I'm careful not to leave them alone together . Social services are aware of the dog but are happy enough so long as the dog pop is picked up etc x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12