Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  43
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Simona Guest

Default PLA conference feedback

Conference about to start...Sue Gregory first speaker
    Will try to feedback any news from friendly BIRMINGHAM

Has anyone confirmed the scrapping of ratios yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Conference about to start...Sue Gregory first speaker
    Will try to feedback any news from friendly BIRMINGHAM

Has anyone confirmed the scrapping of ratios yet?
    I hope Ms Gregory is her usual 'positive' self
    :-/
    Let us know if she says anything nice about CMs?!

Simona Guest

She did but will report later
    Neil thanked everyone for the effort against ratios and made us stand up and applaud ourselves!
    Gave a very inspiring speech to continue with our good work and said children are not a commodity and high quality child care cannot be delivered on the cheap

I hope to put a question to Sue Gregory if the opportunity comes
    Those on twitter can follow what is going on

Ofsted presentation will be availed for those who attend and I will ensure I post it for you to share
    Changes coming for cms...consultation to follow on new inspection framework for us
    Over for now

Sorry about mistakes and spelling getting used to iPad while listening

4. Likes watgem, sarah707, loocyloo liked this post
    Simona Guest

Sue Gregory spoke about the new 8 Ofsted regions that are now running
    They will help providers to raise quality
    She told us cms will be consulted on new inspection framework in a few months
    I thanked her for the updates at the conference but cms needed to know what is going on not just at a conference but in separate ways as we are left dangling
    She told us agencies will be decided by the CandF bill and agency framework to be decided

I asked her if this support from ofsted would be available for independent cms
    Her reply: agencies will not be compulsory and independent cms will be included in new inspection just as agencies will
    So changes ahead...not really a straight answer

Neil acknowledged later that there are more worries about MGC and I had raised one of them: agencies

6. Likes watgem liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Simona has forgotten to tell us that she was asked to stand up and has been clapped by all the delegates for her contributions to stopping the ratios changes!

Simona Guest

I was mentioned alongside another cm for the contribution to the ratio and there will be some sort of something to follow later but I have just spoken to Neil and it is not my effort but everyone which he pointed out very clearly at the start...together we did and Neil knows how much the forum contributed as well.....I keep praising it to him

I was applauded when I asked Sue Gregory about independent cms and my question stopped by the clapping but I am here speaking for ALL of us
    Many people have since told me they support cms and do not want agencies...they are very friendly and respectful of cms
    PLA is listening at the agency group but Neil says he is not interested in agencies for cms but this is our next fight...hope he will help us

He also confirmed the ratio have been definitely scrapped ...so cheers to us all
    Over and out for now

Simona Guest

Just starting a workshop with Ofsted Dee Gasson

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the updates Simona. Sounds like it's going well.

11. Likes watgem liked this post
    Simona Guest

Next session is about cms and agencies, how we will be inspected and so on
    Every time I ask the same answer comes back...cms will be consulted on new framework in the next few months once agencies have been sorted
    Dee Gasson is really very good and she recognised me from the last conference I was at with her...hoping to catch her during the break

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks for info Simona - many of us can't attend these events - great to get such a detailed report back.

:-D

15. Likes watgem liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Simona Guest

Not at all...very encouraged as all people in the room are AGAINST agencies...so many concerns and worries from them
    They were very vocal and would vote against agencies

Dee gave me lots of time....so much to tell you but one thing she did say there is no truth in that rumour about the inspection fee...she asked me where I got the info from and Ofsted must be puzzled as well
    They know how much we cost to inspect which is £ 700 but that does not mean we will pay that....so for the moment be reassured

I have to catch the traing back home now so will feedback when I get home

People here very supportive of cms and all said well done for speaking up...I did my best for you all

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much Simona for standing up on behalf of all us CM's, you deserve a round of applause from all of is :clapping
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

19. Likes loocyloo, Ballette, watgem, lozzy23 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much Simona for giving us all this information and brilliant to hear there is a lot of support for childminders - especially where the introduction of agencies are concerned. There must be hope that MGC can be overturned completely.

21. Likes watgem liked this post
    Simona Guest

Back home now...my brain is exploding with all this info which I will put in some order for you (I understand the Ofsted presentation will be available so will share when I get it)

What can I say?...I am glad I went, feel encouraged cms are getting support where I did not think it would be, we have colleagues who share our concerns

In terms of representation I know PLA represents its members well and their voice is respected...so lots to think about for the future

The workshop with Oftsed's Dee Gasson was very revealing...I got a bit carried away putting cms concerns on this but Dee gave me plenty of opportunity to speak and I am grateful to her for that

At some point during the cms agency discussion Dee had to calm everyone down ..she said this seemed to be 'an emotive subject', feelings were are running high and they were so very vocal against agencies...I was truly amazed wherever I turn others were shaking their heads at this idea!!

While this was going on I got an email from Ofsted telling me that Sue Gregory would reply to my request to clarify on our future inspection fee as I wrote to her asking for clarification when that rumour came out a few days ago....all in all not too bad

Lets raise a glass to celebrate our ratio victory and take courage we can do more with determination, positive engagement and good representation and above all everyone's small contribution matters...as Neil said the ratio is only one victory, there is still a lot to fight against!
    Last edited by Simona; 07-06-2013 at 08:26 PM.

23. Likes The Juggler, sarah707, Donkey, mum26 liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Back home now...my brain is exploding with all this info which I will put in some order for you (I understand the Ofsted presentation will be available so will share when I get it)

What can I say?...I am glad I went, feel encouraged cms are getting support where I did not think it would be, we have colleagues who share our concerns

In terms of representation I know PLA represents its members well and their voice is respected...so lots to think about for the future

The workshop with Oftsed's Dee Gasson was very revealing...I got a bit carried away putting cms concerns on this but Dee gave me plenty of opportunity to speak and I am grateful to her for that

At some point during the cms agency discussion Dee had to calm everyone down ..she said this seemed to be 'an emotive subject', feelings were are running high and they were so very vocal against agencies...I was truly amazed wherever I turn others were shaking their heads at this idea!!

While this was going on I got an email from Ofsted telling me that Sue Gregory would reply to my request to clarify on our future inspection fee as I wrote to her asking for clarification when that rumour came out a few days ago....all in all not too bad

Lets raise a glass to celebrate our ratio victory and take courage we can do more with determination, positive engagement and good representation and above all everyone's small contribution matters!
    well done simona. it's great you are getting out and about at these conferences
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Simona thanks so much for going out and asking the questions and raising the concerns that all of us are concerned about.

Good news about ratios and agree there is more to fight for but encouraging that there are others who are with us.

Sam x

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have had a really busy but good day. I feel that we have more support than we realised by the things you have reported back and I'm ready for the next part of the fight to save our childcare system. Well done Simona and thank you for working for all of us

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Simona. It's good to know that the message is getting across loud & clear!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback Simona, it's good to hear what's being debated.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast