Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 12
    Non childminder member
    I AM a childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childminding Insurance

Hi All, my insurance is up for renewal very soon so I am starting to look around. I know PACEY and MM are popular choices but I just googled childminding insurance and quite a few others offer insurance for childminding too. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience of other insurers for their PLI etc. and what do I need to look out for when buying childminding insurance?
    Also, do I need to be in a childminding association?

Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

At the moment Morton Michel and Pacey are the main insurance providers. Others might come up but they won't be able to offer you the right level of cover. I believe PLA will be offering a childminder package soon.

Morton Michel is insurance - with some added extras from their Childcare Club - it costs £44 at the moment.

You need to join Pacey and then buy their insurance - again you get added extras - it costs just over £80 I think (I am sure others know better I'm with MM) for both the membership and insurance.

I hope this helps