Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Moving location

Registered Childminder since
    june 20
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moving location

I'm planning on moving approx 40 miles in December, and want to continue minding. I am member of the network, and claim NEF funding and short break funding (for disabled children)
    I'm looking for advice from other childminders who have managed a house move and to continue minding.
    Where do I start?
    Do Ofsted come and inspect my new premises? How do I go about changing Authorities and potentially claiming NEF / short breaks ? Does my insurance transfer? How difficult did you find the process? - did you manage to find children almost immediately? and what challenges did you face?

thanks in advance
    Donna

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

When I moved I just rang ofsted who said I had fill a risk assessment of the new property and send them it and I could continue to mind and would be contacted for a new inspection which didn't happen for a good year (this was a while ago so maybe it has changed)
    Also the insurance follows you just ring and tell them etc

Luckly my mindees came with me as didn't move to far x

Post Thanks / Like

I moved house 3 and a half years ago. I did a thorough risk assessment which I sent to ofsted. They just sent a new certificate. They still havnt inspected!!!! My last inspection was 4 and a half years ago.

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I moved 2 years ago and had to do a risk assessment and floorplan (space) of new property. They then just sent a new certificate through.

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope it all goes well for you, but just a word of warning from my own experience. Tell your existing parents at the last possible moment (depending on notice period of course).

I foolishly thought I would be open with my parents and told them I was selling my house and moving just before the For Sale sign went up. I said I was moving 100 miles away, and so they all looked for alternative care straight away and gave me notice. Within 6 weeks of putting the house on the market I had no mindees, and my house didn't sell for a further 12 months.

If I had my time again I would do things differently. I would have to tell them I was selling because of the For Sale sign, but I would not have let on that I was moving so far away until I had secured a buyer for my house.

Best of look, moving house is stressful enough without worrying about your job too.

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I just rang Ofsted to say I was moving , they told me to just do a risk assessment of the new house, would I be using any different rooms , I. e. upstairs as moving from bungalow , asked the date of my move and they sent my new certificate had new inspection 8 months later but as I was over due that was not a problem . Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Hope your house move goes ok

I moved last year did risk ass and Ofsted have not been out yet

I emailed my risk ass to them they replied and asked me to call them ....it was just to confirm who lived with me

Good luck

Angel xxx