Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One of care

Registered Childminder since
    july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I would have a think about how much you want to be paid for this. Its alot of inconvenience, as well as petrol and pick up drop off times etc. Then divide the amount by the number of hours.....
    Alternatively, charge a higher rate (I charge a higher than usual ad hoc rate) and make a collection and drop off charge on top, making sure it is worth your while
    It is also worhth noting that some minders have a minimum charge for a day: mine is based on 6 hours at normal fee.

Good luck , hope it goes well for everyone.

mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

So am I best just invoicing for x3 hours at £10 per hour for ad hoc work???
    I'm so confused by all this it's giving me brain fry lol just want to make it worth my while x

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe charge as a minimum x hour block? I charge extra for ad hoc to cover paperwork etc. also charge from when you leave to collect and until you get home again.

mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok x what would u charge I will leave at 12:30 to get to hers for 1:00 then I have to drop her of at 4:00 so ill be home by 4:30 which is 4hrs in total x I normally just charge by the hour so don't have a minimum x

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    Sounds like you're happy to do it for £30 total. I would either bill them for a 4 hour session which includes your time at £7.50 an hour, or £10 an hour for the 3 hours.

£7.50 would look better as an hourly rate if they wanted to use you in the future, but if they quibble over the 'extra' hour, explain that you've not charged separate fees for drop off and collection but it obviously costs you time and money so this is for simplicity: the alternative would be £10 to cover costs.

Good luck

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just invoice as a block too - ie Adhoc childminding for xxxxxx 28.05.2013 £30
    My 'daily rate' is £35 , and whilst Im happy to do adhoc care in the school holidays I would charge my daily rate regardless of hours needed. Any less and it isnt worth my time and effort , the disruption to the children I already care for etc...

mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for all your advice turns out I wasn't needed as social services were not going to grant the mum funding for childcare as she hadn't held her end of the deal :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12