Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adedwards68 View Post

Really? I've lost count of the times I've sent my kids into school to look for something lost and they'll walk into the classroom and unless it jumps out at them they come out and say no its not there!
    My point with school was when somebody else picks up something not belonging to them takes it home and if and when they realise its not theirs don't bother bringing it back to school.
    I meant with regards mindees. As in if I took a school aged mindee to, say, soft play and they lost their socks, I wouldn't offer to replace as they are old enough to be responsible for them. I am careful with their things but bottom line is if they bring it to mine and lose it, tough. If it were a smaller mindee though I would feel that it was my responsibility to either look after their things or put them away to prevent loss

My kids are the same with school cardigans, hair slides, lunchboxes, they are forever being sent back in to retrieve something but ultimately the responsibility for their belongings lies with them, not with the teacher or the school. It's just one of those life lessons they have to learn.
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Registered Childminder since
    Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by supermumy View Post

Don't agree sorry
    My child is 10 and is constantly having jumpers jacket even a pair of trousers after swimming (yep went mad at that one) nicked from school
    I will say nicked as all her stuff is clearly labeled and in her classroom! and could easly be returned but never does!
    What does school say we're sorry but it happens!
    Lmao
    Theft is different - I was talking about children losing possessions.
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12