poor cm friend was inspcted last week...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    I'm hearing of this more and more lately and I'm not getting it

I hope your friend does appeal

Nell 57 I did reply to you earlier on fb

Angel xxx
    I have replied now, sorry it was a long one again
    Helen xXx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i'm due an inspection at some point! i'm wondering about asking my DO to come and be a 'silent observer' or whatever they are called, in case i get one of these inspectors who doesn't know what they are inspecting!

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post

I actually draw on one mindees hand for him (between his thumb and next finger) - it helps him position his pen correctly so he can draw on the paper or his other hand should he so wish!

And two year olds generally do what they want anyway whether it is drawing on hands instead of paper or deciding half way through a story that they would prefer to be doing anything else. Would the inspector rather we pinned children down to make sure they don't wander off?
    Or dress them in plastic suits, he just had an umpa lumpa tinge to him which his mum loved

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

On my very first inspection I had a not so old inspector who pointed out that she did not like childminders she came from a nursery background so not to expect anything good or outstanding and when she noticed I had pets pointed out that is not very good either.

As it wax my first inspection I just took it. If I had her now I would be asking her to exchange my details with another inspector who has no hang ups with regards to childminders and pets. I have learned to stick up for myself.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

5. Likes AliceK, loocyloo liked this post
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got my inspection this year and I feel 'doomed' already. No way would I get the same grade again. I'm not going to bust a gut over it. Especially with all the uncertainty about agencies.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    i'm due an inspection at some point! i'm wondering about asking my DO to come and be a 'silent observer' or whatever they are called, in case i get one of these inspectors who doesn't know what they are inspecting!
    Do you know what, that's a great idea, after all round here they come for a inspection check and I'm following their guidance.

jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

There is available a list of how they grade us and what they look for. I would suggest that everyone has a copy and checks through it before their inspection, and keeps it out when they come. They are meant to only use that criteria to grade us. Sorry I haven't got a link for it at the moment.
    Also, when you get the call, make sure you get the inspectors names, then look up their previous inspection reports - that will give you an idea of anything they are picking on.

9. Likes MaryMary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So what are they actually looking for??????

I can't veleive what i'm reading, its discusting. If anyone spoke to me like that, they will be out the door. I am good at my job, I do everything by the book. I look after my children well, and my parents. How dare they , so rude!!! My inspection was due last October, still waiting!!!!

21Dec11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

love your idea idea Val about getting the low down on your inspector :-)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Watts View Post
    So what are they actually looking for??????

I can't veleive what i'm reading, its discusting. If anyone spoke to me like that, they will be out the door. I am good at my job, I do everything by the book. I look after my children well, and my parents. How dare they , so rude!!! My inspection was due last October, still waiting!!!!
    The focus is very much on educational outcomes at the moment - why you are doing activities, are you stretching the children, what their daily learning intentions are... those sorts of things.

My last 2 inspectors have been really lovely. I would not give house space to someone who was rude to me They have to follow a code of conduct.

Bear with me I am writing a thread about complaining during / after an inspection - it's nearly ready

13. Likes loocyloo, sing-low liked this post
    Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I was criticised for being too involved, she mentioned our spring display and said it had too much adult input it has some spring drawings from my 1 and 2 year olds. Some sheep which I cut out but the children have stuck cotton wool on, some bug shapes which I bought and they've decorated them with tissue paper, and some butterflies that the children have made. She said something about me cutting things out, when I said they had been purchased and the children choose through the craft catalogue what they would like to do she said craft catalog use are for parents, if they were interested in the themes then they will do things off of their own back to do with it

Felt very deflated after it but I've sat back now I'm taking it as a learning curve you can't please everyone all of the time!

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikkiv View Post
    I was criticised for being too involved, she mentioned our spring display and said it had too much adult input it has some spring drawings from my 1 and 2 year olds. Some sheep which I cut out but the children have stuck cotton wool on, some bug shapes which I bought and they've decorated them with tissue paper, and some butterflies that the children have made. She said something about me cutting things out, when I said they had been purchased and the children choose through the craft catalogue what they would like to do she said craft catalog use are for parents, if they were interested in the themes then they will do things off of their own back to do with it

Felt very deflated after it but I've sat back now I'm taking it as a learning curve you can't please everyone all of the time!
    Especially knowing I could have been inspected the next day by a different inspector and things may have been different

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    I've got my inspection this year and I feel 'doomed' already. No way would I get the same grade again. I'm not going to bust a gut over it. Especially with all the uncertainty about agencies.
    Snap! I feel exactly like this although am not due for another year, I don't know how I got it in the first place.

17. Likes mum26, Ripeberry liked this post
    July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Grasshopper~ View Post
    aww thats awful my first inspection was like that, he was awful. shouted at me told me he normally inspected childrens centres. scared the kids and made me cry .

my paperwork was good and it was petty what he was telling me off for.

i didnt appeal as i couldnt go through it again tbh, its nearly time again though.

hugs to your friend

x

I think I would have asked him to leave!

Hels xx

May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

All this horridness by inspectors is just making the anticipation of an inspection so much worse !! I've only just been approved and I'm already dreading my first grading !!!! I think that's a good idea to have the gradings they work too out for when they come so they no they can't bully you
    Hugs to op friend x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    The focus is very much on educational outcomes at the moment - why you are doing activities, are you stretching the children, what their daily learning intentions are... those sorts of things.

My last 2 inspectors have been really lovely. I would not give house space to someone who was rude to me They have to follow a code of conduct.

Bear with me I am writing a thread about complaining during / after an inspection - it's nearly ready

at the moment 4 of my LO are at nursery as well as with me, one is just about to start reception and is more than ready ! when he is with me i am not stretching him per se - i'm just letting him explore and see what he wants to do ( also, as only here this term we are going out and about having lots of new experiences ). another LO really struggles with nursery and so on LO day with me i just let her potter as she needs a relaxing, stress free place to be. obviously we do activities and follow interests. but i'm very child led and just extend their learning as we go and i couldn't say what my daily learning intentions are!

Post Thanks / Like

I have just had my first grading inspection. I have only been minding for 5 weeks so just finding my feet and understanding my lo at 9 months old. The inspector was a really nice lady but I was disappointed as I was honest enoughy to say "I have filled in mu SEF but not the leadership and managment bit as at the moment as just got a good relationship with my mindee and I am just finding myself but have made notes" this strat away before she looked at anything else put me down to satisfactory!!!! She looked at my paperwork a bit and said it was very good and she was very impressed with the foundation I had made In such a short time. She wanted me to be able to reall off the EYFS and I mean reall it off I.e "which bit does this relate to" " If I said ****** where would you find it?" I do use the EYFS but I dont know it all off hand which I dont know any minder that would!! It all seamed more focused on my memory than how I was looking after my mindee!!!!! Oh well will know for 3 years time lol x

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

*hug* LittleRhino; that sounds harsh!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12