What would you charge?.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What would you charge?.

My cm friend has been approached by one of the mums at school to look after her triplets (school age) and younger sibling(goes to play group) for 2 hrs after school and school hols 9-5, now my friend is thinking about it but doesn't know what to charge, obviously there's 4 of them so quite hard work and she has 3 of her own aged 2,9 and 11.
    In this area we charge about £4.00 an hr, my friend was thinking £24 a day for after school for the 4 and £80 a day for the 4 in hols can I ask what would you all charge out of interest and my friend would like to know what other cm would charge, many thanks. Xx

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge £50 a day for one child here !!!

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's £6.00 an hour around here. So that would be £48.00 after school and £192 a day for school holidays!

Never offered a sibling discount before and not inclined to start now so not sure how I'd handle that aspect.

Your friend would be incredibly reasonable at £80.00 for the day for all four, I'd want that for one!

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikki thomson View Post
    My cm friend has been approached by one of the mums at school to look after her triplets (school age) and younger sibling(goes to play group) for 2 hrs after school and school hols 9-5, now my friend is thinking about it but doesn't know what to charge, obviously there's 4 of them so quite hard work and she has 3 of her own aged 2,9 and 11.
    In this area we charge about £4.00 an hr, my friend was thinking £24 a day for after school for the 4 and £80 a day for the 4 in hols can I ask what would you all charge out of interest and my friend would like to know what other cm would charge, many thanks. Xx
    I'd charge £60 after school because I have a minimum £15 charge & charge £192 a day for 4 at my rate of £6/hr although might reduce that slightly to get the business if I was keen.

I would advise £40 after school (min £10 isn't unreasonable) and whilst I get offering a discount may win her the business, she could earn £128 if all 4 were different families so IMO would be crackers to drop to £80 which is less than 3 mindees at £4/hr.

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

£4 per hour is the going rate where I am. When parents ask if I do a reduced whole day rate or sibling discount I say "No, because I have set my prices as low as I can go whilst offering the best possible care and early years experiences to each individual child".

Post Thanks / Like

TBH £20 a day each in the holidays seems very cheap - if she was to include food and outings then I would imagine your friend could easily be out of pocket.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I've charged my family of 4 the same the after school club would , plus me getting there and dinners as an extra. Works out about 40 . For all day I do offer sibling discount but only 50p per hour. 4 siblings can be harder than 4 individual sometimes as they can wind each other up far more! I think she's too low, but depends on local rates.

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge £6ph. I would give a slight discount for 4, if I wanted the work badly. Don't give discount for full days though. When parents ask me for a discount, I ask how much discount do they offer their employers for working long days. Soon get the message!

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't kid yourself your on to a winner with 4 siblings, crikey my 2 sibling squabble, it can be very hard work with siblings, especially older ones they are quite demanding - painting empty boxs and hand prints is no longer enough, they want activities, arts and crafts and that costs money - lots when you need it for 4 plus your own children because you can't leave them out.

In my opinion £20 per day is far too cheap - are you feeding them as well?

My charges are £34.00 pp per day no sibling discount
    I dont do wrap around care but if I did it would have to be a minimum of £10 pp per day for the hassle.

Good luck to your friend, she'll need it