Fees for evening hours
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fees for evening hours

I have been asked to care for a little boy, 4 years old, 3 evenings a week, every other week, 6-8pm, I was really only planning on working till 7 but could do with the business.
    I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to charge for that time of the evening as need to make it worth my while really x

Registered Childminder since
    june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good dec11
    Post Thanks / Like

My hourly rate is 3.70 so I'd charge maybe 5.70 an hour? I have young children so it would be alot to give up especially 3 nights a week! Is that the exact times or will it be before 6 and just after 8? Give parent time to collect etc! Make sure you ask cos you may need to charge for the extra time. X

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 young children too that usually go to bed at 8 so will be putting us out a bit but only every other week! I will have to pick up from nursery at 6 then pick up will be just after 8! So don't know if I should be charging for 3 hours instead of 2 x

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

My normal rate is 3.50 an hour

I have a little girl 4 nights a week from 430pm til 930pm and after 5.30pm I charge £5 an hour

so that makes it worth my while

not sure I would be happy with just £10 to break my evening up like that though , so I would probably ask for £15 for 6-8pm

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice, I have agreed on £15 an evening! Would I need to do any obs etc? X

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you would need to do something until he starts year one

maybe you could have a scrapbook that you put photos in and pictures hes done , letters and numbers he has written

and just link them to EYFS with a sentence

think of a few next steps and follow through

you wouldnt need to do lots but you do still need to show that you are supporting his development