The continuing buggy saga....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

ABC buggies are by far the best I've tried but soooo expensive. I paid nearly £1000 to get a single with attachments to make it a double & a triple. Fantastic but then I foolishly sold it for half the price I paid as I hadn't used it for a while. Favourite side by side is def an out n about but need a triple again and so lucky that I managed to find a abc double with the toddler seat for £150! Now selling an out n about & a baby jogger double classic! Lol. And we live in a flat! No storage what so ever. Have to keep telling hubby they're tools for my job. So all together got 2pushchairs in the hallway, one in the boot. A Phil & teds in the shed & a micralite in the kitchen!!!!

2. Likes watgem liked this post
    feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I must remember that-"tools for my job" next time hubby and kids have a moan lol, am just wondering where to put all my buggies tonight in case it rains lol

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

this makes me feel so much better.
    i have honestly lost count of how many different pushchairs i've had over the last 14yrs but at the moment i have 1 triple (big joovy caboose) 2 double (hauck and a miamoda)and one single (zeta vooom,best single ive ever had and with seven kids of my own i've had a few)
    i'm restricted by a narrow front door with 2 steps leading up to it and being able to pass it in the hall way so i'm stuck with these until i find something else
    My DH told me i had to sell my 2 doubles when i bought my triple but ....i forgot

5. Likes watgem liked this post
    feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same Dette a very narrow front door/hallway with an awkward step up, and a narrow path to negotiate, 8 kids and a hubby who just don't understand lol! think I will have to try a zeta next time I need a single lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watgem View Post
    I have the same Dette a very narrow front door/hallway with an awkward step up, and a narrow path to negotiate, 8 kids and a hubby who just don't understand lol! think I will have to try a zeta next time I need a single lol
    Yup - 71cm doorway and buggies stored in living room (no hallway at all).

I am currently using a double Nipper and taking both wheels off to go in and out :-/ Wherlbarrow style :-0 But better than not fitting at all!

I am selling 3 buggies and saving up for an ABC triple combo on a single buggy base and/or Mountain Buggy Duet double. If I had just those two I honestly don't think I'd ever need another!
    My DH does not believe me!!!!!

8. Likes watgem liked this post
    May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dette View Post
    this makes me feel so much better.
    i have honestly lost count of how many different pushchairs i've had over the last 14yrs but at the moment i have 1 triple (big joovy caboose) 2 double (hauck and a miamoda)and one single (zeta vooom,best single ive ever had and with seven kids of my own i've had a few)
    i'm restricted by a narrow front door with 2 steps leading up to it and being able to pass it in the hall way so i'm stuck with these until i find something else
    My DH told me i had to sell my 2 doubles when i bought my triple but ....i forgot
    Love love love my zeta vooom! X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer1 View Post

Love love love my zeta vooom! X
    Why? What is special about them, never heard if them before.
    Ta

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok here goes I will admit to this just between us I have .................................................. .................................................. ................................no pushchairs in this house.

Now dont faint ladies but thats right no singles, doubles, triples. I really dont know what these pushchairs are you talk about.

Mindees mum brings me theirs to use and im happy with that :-D
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Ok here goes I will admit to this just between us I have .................................................. .................................................. ................................no pushchairs in this house.

Now dont faint ladies but thats right no singles, doubles, triples. I really dont know what these pushchairs are you talk about.

Mindees mum brings me theirs to use and im happy with that :-D
    Well that would solve any storage problems!!

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Baby jogger city mini double here.

Fits though almost all standard doors, fits on the bus, not too heavy, really sturdy, been using heavily (at least once a day, usually with two kids in it) for over a year and not a single problem. Folds up nice and tidily, cleans really easily too. I also use it with one child and can fit a load of shopping in the spare seat!

I can't recommend it highly enough, really.

Mine was £250 off ebay, second hand but unused and with a load of extras.

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post

Why? What is special about them, never heard if them before.
    Ta
    Very well built (if you like standard 4 wheel strollers), massive fold down sun canopy so you don't need a parasol, and you can buy them brand new for under £50. We took ours to Spain last year and the year before and constantly had people asking where we has got it as the fold down sun hood is amazing. I love mine! Very similar in style and build to a maclaren quest (which I also love) but less than half the price. Xx

15. Likes watgem liked this post
    feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

aw think I may need to replace my mamas and papas stroller with a zeta soon lol

pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watgem View Post
    aw think I may need to replace my mamas and papas stroller with a zeta soon lol
    There's a raspberry pink one on Amazon for £39.95!
    I may have to get one myself!

18. Likes watgem liked this post
    pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samcat View Post
    There's a raspberry pink one on Amazon for £39.95!
    I may have to get one myself!
    Just bought one

20. Likes watgem liked this post
    May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Just bought one
    Let us know what you think!! I think mine is amazing. I don't think they will stay as cheap as they are now once zeta manage to establish themselves as a good buggy brand x

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know if the double veta is any good?

23. Likes watgem liked this post
    jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Let us know what you think!! I think mine is amazing. I don't think they will stay as cheap as they are now once zeta manage to establish themselves as a good buggy brand x
    .its seems to have everything right,good handle height,sturdy basket, big seat,really easy to fold and unfold,i love the little pocket in the hood that holds the raincover and mine came with a free memory foam liner so its still looks brand new after a year,The only thing i could a have a tiny tiny moan about is the raincover doesnt always cover the feet properly if LO has long legs but i supose i could put frame raincover on if it was bad rain and save the little clip on one for showers while im out .

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought one
    Me too! :-)

26. Likes Samcat, watgem liked this post
    pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've had my Vooom for just over a week and I have to agree with stargazer1 and dette. I'm really impressed with the quality, the seat size, the storage and the ease of manoeuvring it around and up and down pavements. I had the hood right down in the sun today - really good at shading the LO. I agree about the size of the raincover too. I had an 11 month old in it last Friday, whose legs only just reached the end of the seat. I felt if a child had longer legs the cover wouldn't work. We had heavy rain on Tuesday, so I used my old raincover, from a Hauck on it, which kept the bigger LO nice and dry.
    I wasn't expecting it to be quite so heavy though!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, I've had my Vooom for just over a week and I have to agree with stargazer1 and dette. I'm really impressed with the quality, the seat size, the storage and the ease of manoeuvring it around and up and down pavements. I had the hood right down in the sun today - really good at shading the LO. I agree about the size of the raincover too. I had an 11 month old in it last Friday, whose legs only just reached the end of the seat. I felt if a child had longer legs the cover wouldn't work. We had heavy rain on Tuesday, so I used my old raincover, from a Hauck on it, which kept the bigger LO nice and dry.
    I wasn't expecting it to be quite so heavy though!
    does the vooom fold up like an umbrella buggy? my chicco stroller is about to give up! very tempted :0) thank you x

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast