Morning all
I have been looking after a little boy full time and his brother before and after school since Sept last year when their Mum started uni, Contracts are signed and a seperate document on my fees and retainers ( 50% retaining fee during the holidays taken by mum/children) also signed. Thing is mum came this morning to drop boys off and said they will only be with me for a few more weeks as uni finishes next month, she has said that the uni only fund childcare during her term time not school term time. We havent had this issue before as the october half term she was still in uni, christmas hols I close anyway so no charges made and over Easter I charged for 1 week retainer and the other wasnt charged as I had a weeks holiday. It looks now like she intends on finishing them with me next month and doesn't think she will pay retainers I understand if her uni won't fund holidays she can't afford to pay but I really can't afford to loose 3 months pay! It's a difficult situation as I only have them and 1 other family that are just 1 day a week. We live in a small village so chances of getting another full timer are slim at short notice. Help!!! I really dont know how to go about this, anyone else have childcare funded by uni?