Invoices/payment
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Invoices/payment

Probably stupid question but if parents pay in advance what happens if I am off ill or something? Do I just take what I'm due them off the next invoice? And if they use extra hours do I just add it on to next invoice? If they use extra hours I won't be being paid in advance though....

Also, how do you all lay out your invoices? And how far in advance of payment being due do you give them invoices?

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I take payment in advance. If I'm ill I take it off the next months invoice, if they want extra hours they usually give me payment on the day they need extra time. I send my invoices out by the 20th to be paid by the 1st of the month, most usually do it by bank transfer before the 1st.
    I set mine out with days and hours and email it to parents as a pdf file so it cannot be altered

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

For my first bill with new child I send out in advance for contracted hours then the next month I'll take off any holidays or sick days I've had and add any extra hours I know it's not in advance but it works for me and my parents.

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jo.jo76 View Post
    I take payment in advance. If I'm ill I take it off the next months invoice, if they want extra hours they usually give me payment on the day they need extra time. I send my invoices out by the 20th to be paid by the 1st of the month, most usually do it by bank transfer before the 1st.
    I set mine out with days and hours and email it to parents as a pdf file so it cannot be altered
    Would you mind sending me a copy of your invoice please? I'm totally stuck with layout etc.

Never thought of getting them to pay on day if need extra hours, thanks!

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do a printed invoice every month for parents, detailing what they owe (if anything) from the previous month, additional hours they've had in the current month, and any other charges, ie late fees, or refunds if I've been off

I use a table in word, 2 columns wide. Column 1 for the description, column 2 for the amounts, debits are in red, credits are in black

Balance brought forward from previous month: £xxx.xx
    Received with Thanks:
    Date Paid £xx.xx
    Date paid £xx.xx
    Balance Outstanding £xxx.xx

Week Commencing:
    1st April £xx.xx
    8th April £xx.xx
    15th April £xx.xx
    22nd April £xx.xx
    29th April £xx.xx

Additional Hours:
    Additional Charges:
    (or refund due)
    Balance: £xxx.xx

Simona Guest

Your invoice should also have a line for c/vouchers if you get them
    Deduct them from the total monthly fee (if they are sent automatically via the c/v provider)...what is left is the balance owed to you

If you ask for payments by a specific date give/send parents the invoice at least 3 days in advance

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Would you mind sending me a copy of your invoice please? I'm totally stuck with layout etc.

Never thought of getting them to pay on day if need extra hours, thanks!
    I think we all have our own way, and Kiddleywinks has shown a good example. I do mine more detailed to show which days and hours the children are with me, as some vary week from week and I wanted to make sure parents knew exactly when their children should be with me and on which days. So in addition to what Kiddleywinks has shown above, where she has week commencing, I have the dates down the side, with the hours and daily charge.
    You are best off designing something that works for you and your families.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I invoice monthly anywhere between the 20th and 25th for the following month so I am paid in advance. Most of my parents are paid with vouchers and then they transfer the balance by the 1st.

If I have to give a credit or they want extra hours I put it on the next invoice.

My invoices state:

INVOICE FOR ...... FOR THE MONTH OF
    April 13 (I do this on the next line so this is quick to change each month)

1 monthly fee £
    x weeks = £ (either method)

At the bottom it states:

Invoiced March £
    Paid March £-243
    Paid March £

Then at the bottom balance due for April.
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

I send out my invoice a week before its due on the lasts irking day. I do mind in arrears as I find that easier but I hold a months fee as a deposit so I am covered if they dong pay. I then return the deposit on the month they leave