Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Double buggy

Registered Childminder since
    16/11/2
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Double buggy

I'm after a double buggy! I'm taking on a 9mth old baby and I have a 12mth old daughter. I already have a maclaren triumph double buggy but it doesn't have hoods as bought 2nd hand and its so big & heavy I'm always worried it won't fit through doorways.

Can anyone recommend a good cheap light weight narrow double buggy?

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourite one is the Graco Stad Duo - it's a tandum buggy so fit's through all doors. I like the larger wheels which make it lighter to push. They sell new for around £120

3. Likes kellyskidz! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the baby jogger which is a breeze to push but being side by side isn't always ideal. I also have the Graco stadium duo that I've been using during the Easter holidays as we've been out and about on the buses! It's heavy but I put my youngest in the front so that helps, she also loves it she thinks she's lady muck sat there waving at everybody! She's only just 1 bless her!! I've had virtually every double buggy going and these are my favourites. The Graco folds easily, I have taken it on coach trips, has an enormous basket, and appears to be very comfy as my lo's always sleep well!! Worse double I've had was the icandy the seats are so small by 12 months they were struggling to get in! Also in double mode the basket is useless!!

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

nipper 360 LOVE IT
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

6. Likes blue bear, lynncjt liked this post
    dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Baby jogger, it's fab!!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a cosatto duet lite n it aint lite. Also its too large when folded to go in my boot.

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post
    I have a cosatto duet lite n it aint lite. Also its too large when folded to go in my boot.
    what kind of car do you have please?x

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suziealderton View Post

what kind of car do you have please?x
    I have an older style zafira. The pushchair has to go in the footwell behind the drivers seat when all 7 seats are in use. When the two in the boot are collapsed it just fits in diagonally.

Hth

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to view a first wheels city twin in the morning - anyone got one?? It's got separate seats so you can have one parent facing and one not or can have a carry cot and a pushchair.

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post

I have an older style zafira. The pushchair has to go in the footwell behind the drivers seat when all 7 seats are in use. When the two in the boot are collapsed it just fits in diagonally.

Hth
    thankyou x

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

thankyou x
    My pleasure. Just hope its helped x

16/11/2
    Post Thanks / Like

I need one which is easy to get down a load of steps with 2 baby's in??????

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I'm going to view a first wheels city twin in the morning - anyone got one?? It's got separate seats so you can have one parent facing and one not or can have a carry cot and a pushchair.
    Don't do it!!!!
    It's what I started off with and it was awful!! The only thing it had going for it was the different seating positions but it was huge, took up tons of space, couldn't bump it up even the littlest of bumps (even cracked/raised pavements would throw me into the handlebar as it would just stop!) and the frame itself feels very flimsy when putting weight on it to lift the front, I was always afraid it was going to snap in half!

I bought the baby jogger double last year and a year on I still absolutely love it!

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved my graco tandem one but sadly it's no longer. Was Lovely to push.and even when 8 months pregnant I could push it up hills with 2 toddlers lol . My cosatto duet lite is by far not light even without children in! and I've done my back in more by using it. Bargain at 25.00 but regret buying it now.
    Fb have a buggies for sale site i think but I found mine on localbargainfinder

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littlemiss60561 View Post
    I loved my graco tandem one but sadly it's no longer. Was Lovely to push.and even when 8 months pregnant I could push it up hills with 2 toddlers lol . My cosatto duet lite is by far not light even without children in! and I've done my back in more by using it. Bargain at 25.00 but regret buying it now.
    Fb have a buggies for sale site i think but I found mine on localbargainfinder
    where abouts are you? im going to end up getting a cosatto duet i think even with the mixed reviews! so if you are thiklnking of getting rid of yours......!

pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Phil & Ted's Sport that I bought 2nd hand and I've come to the conclusion I really don't like it.
    I find it difficult to steer with one hand and trying to get the 2nd child in and out of the bottom seat is sooooo difficult and not good for my back. They're fine once they're in, but it can't be comfortable being 'slotted' in and out like that. Also, my school run involves the car and buggy, so it's a real bind having to dismantle it and put it up and down twice each time and it's so heavy to lift in and out of the car.
    So I'm on the lookout for a new one too - something that's easy to put up and down and get into the car.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

where abouts are you? im going to end up getting a cosatto duet i think even with the mixed reviews! so if you are thiklnking of getting rid of yours......!
    South coast but can't be getting rid yet unfortunately!if there is an alternative id suggest you look around! hard to get up kerbs... I end up crashing into the handle bars! and I avoid steps if I can. On/ off buses I struggle too.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

As littlemiss has said I wouldn't recommend it at all. You cant push one handed, pushing two handed is tough enough, even with the heavier child in the back seat. Also when no children are in it it is still very heavy and takes quite a bit of lifting.

I recently swapped with another cm as she has a side by side pushchair and she had always wanted one like the cosatto. She gave it back after one trip out as it was just too much.

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good dec11
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a baby jogger city mini!! Best money I ever spend!!
    Had a cosatto duet lite! So not buy this buggy! Wheels don't turn properly at the front making it hard to push! It's so heavy to get up curbs!
    Save your money and get a better one! Silver cross duo it good!

22. Likes shortstuff liked this post
    Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLegsCM View Post
    Don't do it!!!!
    It's what I started off with and it was awful!! The only thing it had going for it was the different seating positions but it was huge, took up tons of space, couldn't bump it up even the littlest of bumps (even cracked/raised pavements would throw me into the handlebar as it would just stop!) and the frame itself feels very flimsy when putting weight on it to lift the front, I was always afraid it was going to snap in half!

I bought the baby jogger double last year and a year on I still absolutely love it!
    Thankfully I looked at some reviews on Friday night so didn't go!! I'm now swithering between phil & teds or a baby jogger city mini - cant decide though!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast