Unemployed to be trained as Childminders by PACEY
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  115
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    justgoodfriends Guest

Default Unemployed to be trained as Childminders by PACEY

Unemployed parents to be turned into childminders | Children & Young People Now

Out-of-work parents will be trained to become childminders under a new government-funded programme, CYP Now can reveal.

Unemployed parents will be trained to become registered childminders. Image: Peter Crane

The ABC Pathway Programme will be run by the children’s charity Barnardo’s and the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY).

It is being funded as part of the National Prospectus Grants Programme, a £120m Department for Education scheme designed to boost services for early years, safeguarding and the care system.

The ABC Pathway Programme aims to help unemployed parents who attend children’s centres become registered childminders.

Parents taking part will be given “e-learning” sessions and paediatric first aid training developed by PACEY.

Simona Guest

It has been obvious for a while but I think many cms missed it as we are concentraing on agencies
    Isn't this telling (4th paragraph from the end):

''The programme has awarded £60m in grant funding and £60m in contracts to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations''...all revolves around 'community and social enterprise'

3. Likes watgem liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I dare not read it trying to keep my blood pressure level.

Just where are all these mythical children coming from?

Maybe this government should taxing the life into us ie bedroom tax. Start funding new enterprise more jobs would allow people to go back to work so people would need childcare. Or is this way to simple.

BUNYIP!!!!!!!

We need the revolution
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes watgem, The Juggler liked this post
    Simona Guest

I think we need a well thought out PLAN B but cannot do that until we get clarification from PACEY to make sure we are interpreting this correctly?
    I doubt we are wrong...brain in overload at present!

Bunyip wanted a riot ...we need a bit more than that at this stage!

7. Likes hectors house, watgem, Ripeberry liked this post
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I left Brent shear and a half ago. Then they were talking about training up unemployed as childminders.

Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

What a waste of time and money!!!!

It really does take a special someone to educate children and care for them correctly.

Some fantastic parents out there but does not mean they can be childminders.

10. Likes Wiggle Wiggle, wellybelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They'll have a job finding people, everyone I meet says they could never do my job lol.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i do wonder where all the children are for these childminders to look after!

i am full and there is demand where i am, however, i'm not sure that there is enough of a demand for another childminder to sustain a business! i had this conversation with Childrens centre manager just the other day!

most of the work i can't do is for bits & pieces, or 'what ifs' type of people!

13. Likes Wiggle Wiggle liked this post
    Simona Guest

My gut feeling is this is aimed at mothers who have been unemployed a long time not the 'middle class' ones who choose to stay at home

Many women who attend CCentres are 'disadvantaged' and attend the CC to be trained while cms look after their children (Stay and Play Plus cms), they may come from problem families with violence and alcohol and drug abuse..so these will be trained to be cms and look after vulnerable 2 year olds while good/outstanding cms are denied???
    my view of course but it would make sense...I would be happy for these women to find a job but have serious doubts about being cms??

Isn't that the govt aim...to get women in work and reduce benefits? I also feel I have read that benefits will be reduced if people do not prove the hours they work...something to do with low paid?

This is a well calculated plan by a desperate govt and I worry that the women who will be turned into cms are those who cannot find any other jobs...so we are back to 'hair or care' so well highlighted by Prof Nutbrown
    So ncma trains them in return for their m'ship?....cynical?

I keep hoping this is just a nightmare and I am going to wake up soon?

Post Thanks / Like

I have just had a few days away for a well-earned break...

This is a complete NIGHTMARE!!!!!

Is it April 1st?

Why is this happening?

:-(

16. Likes watgem, Wiggle Wiggle liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If there are unemployed people who genuinely want to become childminders, but have been put off by the process & cost of registering, then maybe it is a good thing for them to be given the extra help.

But if people are encouraged to become childminders simply as an alternative to receiving benefits, I can't see it working. Even after all the training there's no guarantee of getting work. Who is going to give up their benefits on the off chance they might actually make a decent living out of childminding?

I have wondered all along where the agencies were going to get all their members from. It looks like they're going to be made up of unemployed parents.

18. Likes hectors house, watgem, Wiggle Wiggle liked this post
    Simona Guest

It has been happening since last summer...slowly dripping out while development is in progress!!!

Don't forget this govt needs 130,000 spaces for 2 year olds this Sept then another 130,000 in Sept 2014
    This fits very well (cynical again) as by that time these new cms will have been in the job a year and trained as well as inspected!!!
    and if they go under an agency not even inspected so who will know what quality they offer....

as long as they are employed or self employed they won't be on benefits so the welfare bill is cut down (treble cynical now)

This puzzle has only a few bits missing...question is..is ncma some sort of agency, community or social enterprise model???

20. Likes watgem, Wiggle Wiggle, Wheelybug liked this post
    mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read this and wow!
    I work hard for my job and sick of stay at home mums saying god ur job is easy I do it everyday! No ones i know sit there watching Jeremy karl show every morning and doing window shopping!

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

"More great childcare"........kiss my hairy a.r.s.e it is!!!!

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely this does not fall into the gov - 'high quality and highly training EY staff . What abt the 3 GCSE's and above criteria

Very disappointing :-/

Simona Guest

Please do not be cross with me...we need to be pro active now, we are possibly furious but that won't help us

I have politely asked ncma to issue a clarification before the end of the day
    Request has been posted on ncma local and tweeted...amazing how few are helping in this but we can live in hope!!
    More Great Childcare reforms affect us all including 54,000 cms, twice hit by the unwelcome initiatives, so it would be great to be united on this as cms were united on the ratios to help the rest of the sector.

I have also written to the CEOs and left a message on their answering machine just now.
    If you wish to send a short message do so at Chief.Executive.s@**************
    Please help to put a bit of pressure on ncma...help anyway you can!

25. Likes watgem, lizann liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I dare not read it trying to keep my blood pressure level.

Just where are all these mythical children coming from?

Maybe this government should taxing the life into us ie bedroom tax. Start funding new enterprise more jobs would allow people to go back to work so people would need childcare. Or is this way to simple.

BUNYIP!!!!!!!

We need the revolution
    Sorry - been away a couple of days. Did you start the uprising without me............................?

27. Likes watgem liked this post
    feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Many cms in my area seem unaware or unconcerned about all these possible changes, how can I arouse their interest and spur them into action? I need bunyip, sarah n or simona to come talk to them

Simona Guest

Latest for all of you
    After the tweets, email to CEOs and message cam the response that all will be announced next week when all is finalised (via twitter may I add)..don't buy that as this is going on a while, I don't wnat the finishing touches we want overall details

ncma local has suddenly come alive ..it has got more posts in an hour than a week put together

...and last but not least the 'announcement' to the volunteers has just hit my inbox.
    Let me go and digest it but looks like a reinforcement of not being an agency but helping these parent to achieve an inspection and grade and ...being caught short as they did not expect the DfE to announce this 'exciting project' before ncma was ready to do it themselves...back later

Watgem...would a rocket somewhere ignite their interest???
    bunyip no uprising just a gentle rising of blood pressure...nothing ncma does surprises me but this has hit hard...maybe I need a glass of Merlot to regain my composure?

30. Likes watgem liked this post
    July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    as long as they are employed or self employed they won't be on benefits so the welfare bill is cut down (treble cynical now)
    That's the thought that crossed my mind too, along being able to declare lower unemployment figures.

Am I being excessively cynical to think this is a desperate plan by ET to find childminders who will join an agency because none of us will. All these new childminders will be encouraged to join an agency because they don't know any (better) different and ET will bleat on about agencies being a great success blah blah blah.

32. Likes Wiggle Wiggle, loocyloo, watgem, Wheelybug liked this post

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast