Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Totally furious ...

I have a LO who is 5 .She goes to a different school to mine so i have to make a special trip at 3 just for her ..getting babies in prams etc ..and then home for 10 mns then out for mine and other minded ones at a different school for half 3 ..babies back in prams etc .On monday i was walking through her school gates when LO was walking out with dad "i thought i would suprise her and go to her easter mass at church "said he .Then he handed LO over to me " i said well i neednt have trailed out with 3 LO's then if you could have dropped her off (he almost passes my house on way to work ) " oh sorry " said he
    I have this LO until half 7 on a thursday so i had made lots of plans ,hard boiled an egg for her to decorate ,printed out pictures for card and poster,set out paints and glue,defrosted her tea and i had bought her an egg for easter
    Today she finished at 1 15 and mine and 1 30 ,so i got babies ready (had to wake one who was still napping) and went to collect her,Her teacher said"are you here for L because her nanna has just collected her !!!!"
    I phoned her dad ,who said "sorry i forgot to tell you !" i said" i have got loads planned for her and i have an easter egg here for her too,wish her happy easter for me ,its a shame i cant do it in person!! " .
    what i actually wanted to say was "THIS IS THE SECOND TIME IN A WEEK THAT YOU HAVENT TOLD ME NOT TO COLLECT YOU INCONCIDERATE ,UNAPRECIATING,SELFISH LITTLE MAN !!!!" but i didnt

my dilema ..i usually charge half rates when they are off( i know this is generous but it works for me )but i'm so anoyed as i'd already done all the prep and defrosted her tea and went to school for her and to top it off i have made a physio appt for half 8 tonight because i thought i was working until half 7 ,so i'm planning on charging full which is about £25 and if he dares to question it i may be very tempted to give notice ,i bend over backwards to help this family,single dad with no family local (nanna lives 2rs drive away)i work late every night for him i go out of my way to collect her from school ,i even work every other saturday for him as i know he has nobody else to have her,she is hard work and spends most of her time here upsetting my children and the other half asking when is my dad coming ,which after the first thousand times is starting to wind me up
    Last edited by dette; 28-03-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

People just don't think do they! They're in their own little world and don't consider the effort you will have put in for nothing. If he questions why you've charged full price just mention everything you just posted!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have you reached the end of the line or will you feel better when you've slept on it do you think?

xx

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post

Have you reached the end of the line or will you feel better when you've slept on it do you think?

xx
    i thinks an accumulation of everything,theyre moving house next week and will be at the other side of town but still want to keep LO with me ,probably because there isnt another mug who will work these long hours.
    I've been hoping he would give notice and change schools, so i dont have to give notice to him,I'm just far to nice to everyone but this LO is starting to affect my families quality time in a big way,i think i feel bad because her mother has nothing to do with her ,not seen her in over a year and ive had her for nearly 2 yrs and i dont want her to think that everyone abandons her ...but she isnt my child and ...ahhhh ...why is it so hard ..
    spent many nights thinking about it and cant come up with a solution.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would charge full fee because no notification was given that she wouldn't be coming. I would make sure I politely pointed this out to dad so he gets the message for next time. Sleep on the decision to end the contract (I can imagine he's very stressed with moving house etc and maybe just not thinking straight) but if you still feel the same after a week or so then you will have to make the decision.

6. Likes vals liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

some people are soooo inconsiderate
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd charge full, you made all the prep and went to collect. Eat the egg and enjoy it

9. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

You had to get the Los out of bed early. And he forgot to let you know. Charge full and sleep well. Yes he is stressed but how about you? I don't do after schoolgirls for this reason. Happy Easter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post
    I would charge full fee because no notification was given that she wouldn't be coming.
    I would do the same.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Making me feel mad just reading your story! How very inconsiderate! Always charge full fee if its parents choice child doesn't attend. I now only do collect and drop off from my children's school as was just too stressful dragging kids to 2 places. So much better now only doing drops and collections from one place!
    Maybe it's time to call it a day? You'll sleep better.... X

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely charge, I would! You went to collect

And prepared all
    The stuff,
    Think of how much your time is worth getting babies ready and going to school, cost of printing, egg,
    Food etc

And if he queries it say yes half fee if you are told in advance they aren't coming (maybe amend your policies to say this) but as you didnt know and had prepped and re arranged your appointments you have charged in full., what have you to lose if you are pushing to end contract?! And if it doesn't go that far and he stays, well at least you aren't out of pocket and you will have made your point for future

Hope u have a good nights sleep, know these issues are all consuming, been there done that xx

BuggsieMoo Guest

Charge full fee - no notice was given (you'd even got to the school on both occassions to in effect care had begun).

As for the egg, as tempting as it would be to eat it - will dad tell mindee you have one for them?

sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Charge full I would and I do.

One of my parents does this every so often, the prob is he texts me usually after 3pm which means im already at the school..where I don't get phone reception so I have no idea until I see him or sometimes it goes off as im going in the gates BUT they still pay me without quibble! Luckily I have others to collect so doesn't put me out but I would be annoyed if I had others to get ready or ended up it being a wasted trip.
    You got everything ready and expected to work till late so don't feel bad.
    Good luck x