Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what do you all do?

Hi would like to know what everyone else does about buying easter eggs for non attending siblings of mindees -do or don't? I just feel abit mean if I don't but am thinking about stopping now as I have some new mindees and in the past one thing lead to another-easter eggs, birthdays and xmas,it ends up abit expensive. I just hate the thought of sad little people feeling left out. x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i am buying for one - but he is an ex-mindee and very dear to me even though I don't see him any more
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

3. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mindees are very little and not a crumb of chokkie has touched their lips yet! I'm giving them plush chick toys instead. :-)

5. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

We're going to make Easter paper plate baskets this week and ill fill with a few mini eggs and a little chick n rabbit chocolate. I bought them all one on a 3 for 2 last year and it still got quite expensive. So this year ill just sneek them in their baskets before they take them home.

7. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    june 83
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have knitted all mine a chick and a basket to take home as it does get ridiculous with the expense of buying for mindees etc and the older children wont feel left out

9. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not buying Easter eggs

they are all making a basket , and they will have cakes and mini chocolate eggs in them to take home

11. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have decided not to buy Easter Eggs for my mindees, they get enough choc from their parents and family. It put me off once when a Mum said Oh more choc for me as ds gets lots of choc he never eats it all. lol
    I tell people not to waste their money on buying my kiddies Easter Eggs too, they get one from us and one each from their Nan and Aunt and that is enough for us.

I spend loads on the mindees at Easter, buying special craft activities and we make yummy choc easter cakes and they all take a batch home.

When I did buy easter eggs for mindees I wouldn't buy for the siblings that did not attend. It's not my worry really, I know it sounds harsh but why should I pay out more just to keep the peace. The Sibling would probably get easter treats from school etc anyway.

13. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

As usual I will be doing extra crafts withy mindees.all 2 and under. I don't do choc eggs. Might give them s book from my Costco pile of 10 for £10.

15. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    Dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My 2 mindees are 15 and 19 months so i'm giving them a book each In the past I have brought for mindees only given to siblings when an ex mindee.
    Angela x
    Owner of a static holiday caravan in Paignton

17. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When do you all give the chocolate to the kiddos? We didn't do eggs (or anything fun) as a kid, so I really don't even think about it now. Catches me by surprise every year, and I just don't know what day they get the chocolate or what day they eat it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't give anything for easter.

The children do their crafts & will take home either some cakes or biscuits they've made, but I don't do presents.

And I've never given presents of any sort to non-attending siblings. It's never occurred to me to do that.

20. Likes lauren1979, Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my first Easter with mindees so I have been reading what you all do. I think I am going to take a page it of your books and just send them home with some little cakes that we will be making together with their little craft bits that we'll be doing. I'm a bit bah-humbug about Easter this year for my own kids, all the Easter eggs in the shops are huge and expensive. I think my kids would be a bit disappointed if I just gave them one or two big Easter eggs and are more focused on the quantity but I don't want them eating too much chocolate. Plus they'll be getting loads from various Aunts and a multitude of a grandparents, I don't want to be stuck eating choc for the next couple of months so I'm crocheting them some little chicks in eggs instead.

22. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I only have one mindee at the moment but I have bought him an egg and his baby sister-who will be coming to me in June when mummy goes back to work-a cuddly bunny

24. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to buy but now I don't as I have 16 mindees plus 1 ex mindee who I buy birthday pressies for, so too much for me. Not just the cost but finding the time to sort it out.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

26. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I buy all mindees a little choc egg. One family I do buy for sibling as I look after 2 and only 1 would be left out.

28. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix2010 View Post
    Im not buying Easter eggs

they are all making a basket , and they will have cakes and mini chocolate eggs in them to take home
    I do this too. They have enough cakes for each member of the family and would be expected to share.

30. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

We did an easter egg hunt for little plastic eggs. And inside were... some grapes! Still had some happy children though

32. Likes loocyloo, Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 sets of siblings so they all get a little something - this year I have bought melamine mugs (as I saw some with just the right pics for each child - Tractor Ted/space boy/dolly girls ) and put in some mini eggs and choc rabbit.

We will do some baking next week - biscuits and nests to take home. If there were other siblings I would send home enough to share but not anything else for them
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

34. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

easter eggs on easter sunday.

i usually find a little easter something - some stickers, a book and this year bouncy eggs, and put it in a little gift bag along with a few little choc eggs or chick etc. i got a load in lidl weeks ago! i only give to mindees.

easter has crept up on me, and i only realised yesterday, that today would be the last day i saw 2 mindees before easter!

next week i'm planning on making some little choc nests, easter cards and sticking feathers in polystyrene eggs!

36. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

We have 14 children throughout the week, I have bought the plastic eggs from the 99p shop we are going to have Easter Egg Hunts and then I will put a few choc bits (coins, mini eggs) in the plastic ones, put 2 of these in the baskets they made this week along with a choc lolly. The children have also made Bunny Masks and decorated Hard Boiled Eggs. Next week they will make Rice Krispie Cake Nests topped with Mini Eggs.

I don't buy for siblings but tell the children to share ...... bet they don't

38. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast