What's your least favourite minding job...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  59
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate doing the before hours stuff, the preparation. It doesn't matter how many times I tell family to put shoes away, keep flexes out of the way, knives at the back of the worktop, replace loo rolls, pick up their random junk and odd socks, empty wrappers, etc, it never happens. That first half an hour of the day whist I run around like a thing possessed tidying and shouting at everyone whilst seething with frustration really sets me up for the day

One day, I have threatened, I will take all the random inconsiderate junk and mess and dump it on DHs desk for him to enjoy when he gets into work.
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

sticky hand marks and snot and slobber on my patio door
    Cath

3. Likes SYLVIA, Maza liked this post
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh LauraS that is so me too! There just seems to be so much to do before that first mindee turns up... 2 travel cots up, individual towels out in bathroom, correct nappies and wipes for the day in my daily wicker basket, putting up double buggy, then tidying all the random things that have been left in random places, making sure wires are out of the way, toilet is clean, sink is clean,shoes are away and coats are hanging up and then there's the washing and clothing myself and my 2 kids! And then the worst moment when parent of child who is due in an hour later than the first texts to say they won't be in today as they were sick yesterday and you didn't have to use the doublebuggy or get the second travel cot up etc. Agh!

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I really dislike lunchtimes .... fussy eaters, refusing to sit at the table (my ds), mess, spillages, food on the floor, growing pile of pots in the sink, I just can't wait for it to be over sometimes x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Handing them a newsletter with my holiday dates on
    picking up banana from the floor (I don't mind messy play - but can't stand squashed banana)
    Emptying a poo from the potty - then having to clean and disinfect potty - whilst being "over joyed and enthusiastic" at the fact that it was in the potty for a change.
    So next point should be changing clothes after poo accident in so called potty trained mindees

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Constantly picking up stuff off the floor!! AND cleaning up spills,crumbs,squashed playdough!!

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Snot on my sofa. I hsve 1 who loves to use my sofa when he thinks I am not watching. Yes the day I changed 9 pooy nappies I nearly gave up the will to live. Must have been a Thursdays Def my worst day.

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy Days View Post
    Hi, I really dislike lunchtimes .... fussy eaters, refusing to sit at the table (my ds), mess, spillages, food on the floor, growing pile of pots in the sink, I just can't wait for it to be over sometimes x
    Yup, me too. When I started I had this rosy idea that I was going to spend my days cooking lovely home-made, nutritious shepherd's pies which would be gobbled up by the lovely appreciative kiddies.
    The reality is that lunchtimes [used to do tea too] make me want to cry

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate spoon feeding babies & toddlers. I always hated it with my own children.

I just find it so boring sitting there shovelling food in.

On the plus side, all the children in my care have great spoon skills because I encourage them to do it for themselves from an early age

oct 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoovering every morning and night!!!!

sep 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!
    Post Thanks / Like

You have all made me giggle tonight, and I will have a little giggle to myself in the morning when I'm fighting to put the double pram up, running round tidying the random bits my lovely family have left all over the house at the weekend, picking all the toys up and sorting them all into labeled boxes just so they can be emptied out on Tuesday morning, keeping a smile on my face when a parent text something like " oh I'm sorry but x didn't eat his breakfast can you give him something before the school run" 5 mins before leaving the house!! Battling with the rain cover in the pouring rain while 2 toddlers are adamant it's not going on! And countless other things that I'm too tired to think about!
    Oh and the worst of worst things about being a childminder is MONDAY morning!!! Lol
    Night night everyone xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted, paperwork, snit and tidying up knowing within minutes it'll look like I've not bothered!!

dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that storing car seats, high chairs etc take up so much space in the house! And babies that sneeze porridge at you first thing in the morning!! No matter how much I check before I leave the house I always seem to have porridge welded to me somewhere.

16. Likes ChocolateChip liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samb View Post
    Oh LauraS that is so me too! There just seems to be so much to do before that first mindee turns up... 2 travel cots up, individual towels out in bathroom, correct nappies and wipes for the day in my daily wicker basket, putting up double buggy, then tidying all the random things that have been left in random places, making sure wires are out of the way, toilet is clean, sink is clean,shoes are away and coats are hanging up and then there's the washing and clothing myself and my 2 kids! And then the worst moment when parent of child who is due in an hour later than the first texts to say they won't be in today as they were sick yesterday and you didn't have to use the doublebuggy or get the second travel cot up etc. Agh!

Not that I am ever glad that a mindee is ill, but I do so love an unexpected day off.

18. Likes katieanna liked this post
    apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Would it be in appropriate if I said everything?

Lol erm

Paper work, snot, pooh, messy house till 6pm!!
    wow 2012 already

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

The constant colds going round at the moment which I don't see to be immune to. Though I shouldn't complain as the 2 lo's we have today are both fast asleep and have been for over an hour.

Jul 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, I leave my pop up tent up til my 12 yr old come home. She has the magic touch.
    Although once we were to be found on the beach, you tubing how to get it in its bag!

dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

My pop up tent is no more after we fell out and I lost my temper with it!!

23. Likes primula liked this post
    Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Dealing with arguing siblings! I find it becomes pretty tiresome after a while, especially as they are older (10) and should know better!

Have always had quite a strong stomach when it comes to poo etc - not now I'm pregnant though, really makes me gag at times, thought it would pass when I hit 12 weeks but I'm 20 weeks now and still no sign of letting up :-/

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

The endless amount of time in a week that i have to man handle car seats in and out of the car.
    Car seats go in on a Monday morning but any time i need to go somewhere in the evening with my own kids they have to come out.
    Then in the next day, then out, then in..............................!!!!

I counted up once that in a typical week i put them in and take them out up to 20 times a week!
    I find it actually quite soul destroying

And having to store 4 carseats in the house cos i wont leave them in the garage in case they get chewed by mice.
    Ditto having to store buggies in the house.

26. Likes ChocolateChip liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast