Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just wondering

Registered Childminder since
    oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just wondering

just wondering what you do with your afterschool children have run out of ideas for mine

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine love playing with the younger ones toys! But once that novelty has worn off they seem to like board games , art and craft, they designed their own board game once, hide n seek is a favourite, assault courses in the garden ( although keeping them off the top of the picnic bench etc can be a challenge) anything challenging, quizzes/ brain puzzles etc, cooking, clay modelling, planting a herb garden. Got one to be my landscape gardener once and design the ideal zoned areas! How about giving them an Argos book each and allowing them to 'spend ' £1000 for example to the penny. Lots of maths but fun and they can make a scrap book of their ideal rooms etc!
    I find after schoolers harder work than the littlies sometimes x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Our also enjoy playing with the little ones toys as well as board games, painting, colouring, Hama beads, jewellery making, clay modelling, colouring optical illusions is a fave at the moment. We have lots of room outside for football, trampolining and the girls and boys both love dressing up and role play. We also have little tasks for them that they love ie. door control, drink and biscuit monitor, paper monitor, ball monitor .... You get the idea they all wanted to be a monitor. Sometimes the x box kinetic is on so lots of jumping about.

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

ours love to play with the lo's toys, den building, arts and crafts and board games. Roll on the nicer weather when we can get out in the garden after school or even to the park

5. Likes Ballette liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just one regular schoolie, who is in reception class. He really just wants to play board games, so that's pretty much what we do. I'm sure Ofsted would be horrified, but he's had enough structured learning after a day at school and gets no chance to play games at home cos his little bro always ruins it for him. He doesn't like painting or crafts but I'm not panicking: he's 4 - in a year's time he may well move on an want to do crafts then, plenty of time.

We'll try to do more outdoor play when the weather improves, but I see no joy for him in being dragged through mud in the face of an Arctic gale cos "EYFS says this is good for you."

Parents are happy, lo is happy, so I'm happy.

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I have just one regular schoolie, who is in reception class. He really just wants to play board games, so that's pretty much what we do. I'm sure Ofsted would be horrified, but he's had enough structured learning after a day at school and gets no chance to play games at home cos his little bro always ruins it for him. He doesn't like painting or crafts but I'm not panicking: he's 4 - in a year's time he may well move on an want to do crafts then, plenty of time.

We'll try to do more outdoor play when the weather improves, but I see no joy for him in being dragged through mud in the face of an Arctic gale cos "EYFS says this is good for you."

Parents are happy, lo is happy, so I'm happy.
    I totally agree with this. If they were at home they would probably be playing, watching tv or even on games consoles.