Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Variation on 5-8's in School Holidays

Hi I'm looking for some advice on taking 4 x 5-8 year olds in school holidays. This is for one child that I'm providing continuous care for, my own son and two siblings that attend during school holidays only. I only care for 1 x under 5 on these days too (all others are TTO).

I'm aware of the max no's I can have being 6 under 8's and seen lots of posts about variations on 4 under 5's however nothing much is said about variations on 5-8's - perhaps it's not the norm but I've found that I'm now 'spreading' children across the weeks during school hols rather than looking into a variation and 'clustering' the children together. I've found I'm working Mon to Fri during school hols to accomodate them where this was never my intention to!

Is this something anyone else has done/looked into?

Thank you in advance!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rolacolapink View Post
    Hi I'm looking for some advice on taking 4 x 5-8 year olds in school holidays. This is for one child that I'm providing continuous care for, my own son and two siblings that attend during school holidays only. I only care for 1 x under 5 on these days too (all others are TTO).

I'm aware of the max no's I can have being 6 under 8's and seen lots of posts about variations on 4 under 5's however nothing much is said about variations on 5-8's - perhaps it's not the norm but I've found that I'm now 'spreading' children across the weeks during school hols rather than looking into a variation and 'clustering' the children together. I've found I'm working Mon to Fri during school hols to accomodate them where this was never my intention to!

Is this something anyone else has done/looked into?

Thank you in advance!
    You dont need a 'variation' of any kind for this. You could , if you chose to , have all your allowed under 8s fall within this age range. There is only a maximum on under 5s.
    Were you previously registered for 5 ( just 1 son to take off the 6?)
    If so then you can have your one under 5 , the siblings , your extra 5+ , your son , and one more child either under or over 5.

Apr 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your response that all makes sense, phew! could have made life easier for myself this week