Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emergency!

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a quick to question to all of you with cards in your bag/wallet/keyring. Do you swap them around every day depending on which children you have or do you carry cards for all of your mindees every day even if they are not with you? I have made some cards and have these in my bag. My origional plan was to only carry cards for the mindees that I actually have with me on any particular outing. The problem is that I go out of the house so many times every day, what with school runs, nursery runs and various outings. I might have one child arriving before the school run and then another later on, just before playgroup, etc. So it is quite a mission to keep the correct cards with me and I have forgotten to swap them around quite a few times now. I feel it would be safer to always carry cards for all of my mindees, even when they are not with me. Is this frowned upon? Do others do this? And what if I am in an accident and the police see all these cards and start looking around for 5 children even though I only have 2 with me?

Sorry, don't mean to be hijacking this thread

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I made laminated cards similar to kiddleywinks, I carry mine in a pouch on a belt along with a small first aid kit which I find easy for when I am just nipping out on school run and really don't want or need to take a bag as it's literally round the corner. I do try to sort the cards out as to who is with me, but will often forget and just take the whole lot out with me
    I also did one for me and my own children but with the wording adjusted accordingly,

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    I have a photo of child, and beside it I have a statement:
    My name is xx xx, I am a registered childminder.
    My number is (mobile number)

This child is not my own.

In case of emergency please contact:
    My emergency contact
    and one or more of the people listed overleaf

Overleaf I have:
    In case of emergency for this child:
    Contact 1 first name and number
    Contact 2 first name and number
    Contact 3 first name and number

I confirm I do (or do not) have written permission for emergency treatment to be given to this child.
    No known allergies (or a list of any allergies)

I'm sure I adapted it from another forum member (can't remember who now, but if you recognize yourself THANK YOU lol)

If anything were to happen to me AND mindees, at least the permissions are known to be in place
    I have all this on a business card size laminated that goes on a keyring and I put the children I have that day on it and take it with me
    think it was me

4. Likes A.M. liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12