Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sometimes i do things just to please

I have two mindees today 3 and 2. Both sets of parents bought snow suits and wellies this morning. 3yr old wanted to go sledging. Both parents said 'just in case you go out in the snow!' Which to me was interpreted into 'can u take them out in the snow please'

So this afternoon we all wrapped up warm, in many layers, hats, scarves, boots. It took us about 10mins to get outside into the garden. Both children took a couple of steps outside and asked to go back in...lol

I knew it would be the case as its snowing quite heavily but had to do it just to please the parents as they had bought their waterproofs.
    I spend a few freezing minutes throwing ideas at them, lets make some footprints...look, and tramped round the garden.lets make a snowman...but the snow wouldn't stick together. they just stood there looking at me...lol

We are now back inside, warm and dry
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

2. Likes mum24 liked this post
    jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

lol ...you tried

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

At least you can say to parents that you attempted to go outside lol...i only had one 2yr old today until 12.30, we went in my back garden for a while made foot prints etc then we filled a tray full of snow and when it got too cold brought the snow indoors! she sat for ages at the table exploring the snow, making patterns with fingers etc i added some moulds and spades from sand pit too. it was fun untill it all started to melt and got too wet

jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    I have two mindees today 3 and 2. Both sets of parents bought snow suits and wellies this morning. 3yr old wanted to go sledging. Both parents said 'just in case you go out in the snow!' Which to me was interpreted into 'can u take them out in the snow please'

So this afternoon we all wrapped up warm, in many layers, hats, scarves, boots. It took us about 10mins to get outside into the garden. Both children took a couple of steps outside and asked to go back in...lol

I knew it would be the case as its snowing quite heavily but had to do it just to please the parents as they had bought their waterproofs.
    I spend a few freezing minutes throwing ideas at them, lets make some footprints...look, and tramped round the garden.lets make a snowman...but the snow wouldn't stick together. they just stood there looking at me...lol

We are now back inside, warm and dry
    Neither of the los can tell time - take a photo and say to parents we had a LOVELY time!!!!

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was a nanny I went with family skiing. 2 yr old screamed when in snow! Bit difficult meeting parents half way up mountain. He now (several years later!!) skis and snow boards every where. Bu the end of that first week I managed to get him onto the balcony playing in snow. Very funny. So glad today is Friday.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a 4 year old and his sister (as her school shut) they sledged to my house - we dried off clothes then went out again made a snow man and did snow angels - now trying to get clothes dry for them to sledge home - they did have on waterproofs and wellies but snow still got in!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

haha I'm with you. Took me a good 20 mins to get my three dressed and out this morning. in fairness we did stay out for 1/2 hour but couldn't make snowballs either - snow was too powdery
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wish I had my 3 year old today, she would have loved going outside in the snow. I don't think my 8 month old mindee would have thought the same though!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our snow was also too powdery to stick together!