Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default need advise asap please

hi this week has really been hard and upsetting with a lo I care for all week hes come without a coat socks he dislocated his arm mon night mum didn't tell me I rang tues morn and said he is in pain and needs to go hospital any way no pain relief brought ive asked for nappies as ive ran out had to borrow to yesterday rang mum asked her to either pick lo up or drop medicine of she said she would drop it off it never arrived I so feel for lo its really upsetting me.well todays another day if no nappies come can I refuse him? I cant cater for his needs without them I cant go out to buy any what would you do?
    p.s im documenting all this.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

No wonder you are upset, for today text her or ring her now and remind her you need x y and z, warn her without them you cannot accept little one. Do it before she leaves home.
    Also ring your development worker or nspcc for some what if advice regarding safeguarding, not mentioning families name but how far does it go before you start thinking of reporting sort of thing,I'd be very worried about this lo. Sounds like mum needs lots of support and guidance, try being firm with her, don't ask if she can bring z
    X y and z tell her she has to and see if that works.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is mum usually like this? Do you think she needs extra support just now? Is there a problem at home?

I would ask mum to come in for a serious chat about the little one's welfare.

Hugs x

4. Likes watgem, Lilylulu liked this post
    jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    No wonder you are upset, for today text her or ring her now and remind her you need x y and z, warn her without them you cannot accept little one. Do it before she leaves home.
    Also ring your development worker or nspcc for some what if advice regarding safeguarding, not mentioning families name but how far does it go before you start thinking of reporting sort of thing,I'd be very worried about this lo. Sounds like mum needs lots of support and guidance, try being firm with her, don't ask if she can bring z
    X y and z tell her she has to and see if that works.
    thanks I have done all week mum on early shift so uncle drops of he says mum not left anythink she says she has doesn't help lo or me

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Alarm Bells are defiantly ringing I'd be phoning local support for advice chick x

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just done a child protection course and now I would ring to let them know about my concerns. We have s targeted advice line. You do have to give all names now but it can just end up with mum getting help or nothing. They may do nothing but can be a final piece of a jigsaw that helps the child. I understood that we now have a duty to tell social services. Oh you don't have to tell parent.