Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Travel Cots

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Travel Cots

Hey Guys

I wonder if anyone could advise me on a travel cot that would suit from birth up to bed using age - the problem is I don't want a massive one as I am very restricted for space. I would like one that I could leave set up or could pop up with little hassle as I have an 8 month old every day. Finances are also rather tight as I am just starting my buisiness really!! Thanks xxx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of mine second hand from childminder giving up and one at a car boot sale - not sure on make, but both easy to put up and down on daily basis. Check out measurements you can fit in the space you have available - making sure children can't reach anything dangerous if they stand up in it (so allow extra space), look in argos book or similar for a make that suits your space and either save up for a new one (it should last a long time), or search local newspaper or e-bay for local ads - or take tape measure to car boot sale. Also check out your local NCT and find out when next baby item sale is.

dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ASDA has one. it's red kite brand and it costs £25. I can recommend it.

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Kiddicare £25, really easy to put up and put down and doesn't take up much room either (thankfully, iv'e got three!!)

5. Likes rickysmiths, sarak31 liked this post
    Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 of the Kiddicare ones and there fab don't take up much room and easy to store. Plus there service is fab with next day delivery i'd wait till after xmas they'll prob be on sale

7. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Graco one I was given and a kiddicare one I bought a couple of months ago - the kiddicare one is much smaller both to store and once up. I have to put mine up and down each day - it is a bit of a pain but ok. Both have the same technique with squeezing half way on each side and pulling the middle bit up to put down. When they get big enough for bed stage or too heavy to be lifted in, they sleep on a cot sized mattress on the floor here.

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, if u have a Facebook account, search babybay, there will be one near you I'm sure and ask to join, people put all there unwanted baby related items on there and they go for pennies, travel cots, pushchairs, toys, clothes, bottles etc.

Jul 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two from car boots which I cannot put up (literally my own kids have to do them!) I bought a new one from Amazon - Infantastic I think it's called, it's fab, so easy to put up. Long enough for my older ones, has a baby level and a little door for them to climb in!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought two recently from eBay for a few pounds each, they are the folding type (not sure if they are still made) which I had when my own children were young, dead easy to put up and don't take up much space when folded.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!