Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cant sleep for worrying, be so glad of advice please

Yesterday my husband ( registered assistant) picked the children up from school for me. Theres a woman and her friend who wait on the playground. I always try and avoid her because her children are pretty wild and spiteful. She's very intimidating - bit rough and ready so I always keep away. Anyway yesterday her 5 yr old was running up to my dh and mindees, kicking the children and stabbing at them with a lolly stick. DH told the child to go back to his mum. He ran to mum, told her what DH said and came back calling him names, fat @@**@@ etc. DH told him to go away from him. Thats all he said, he wouldnt be horrible to any child. Mum shouted,'I think its politically incorrect that you talk to my son like that' then sniggered to her friend. Hubby told her child was stabbing our children and calling him names. Mum 'well what do you expect, as you were shouting at him'. DH replied that he wasnt shouting, only telling him to go away. Mum came over and said 'well we'll have to see what ofsted says then wont we'. Now I know this woman and her family, and they can be really nasty. I have visions of her and her friend calling ofsted. If she tells the truth that my DH told her son to go away, then there's no case. So what is she going to say. I havent slept a wink all night worrying. All my paperworks behind as I've spent every evening for the last month visiting my dad in hospital as he is seriously ill.(plans to catch up when I'm off at Christmas) I really dont need this. I am good at my job and the children love me. In fact I'm in bits worrying about ofsted turning up. Thank you for listening.
    Last edited by julie w; 11-12-2012 at 06:32 AM.
    Julie X X

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would have a word with school, log it as an incident and if it makes you feel any better ring Ofsted and get your account of events in first.
    I'm sorry that you have to deal with things like this especially at this time but try not to let people like this get you down

3. Likes watgem liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would also do as Christine suggests and write it up as an incident, (were there any witnesses) and inform parents of mindees who were there, with a plan for what steps you'll take to prevent it happening again or how you will deal with it if it does eg, seek support from the school. For your own peace of mind in case Ofsted do turn up, spend a bit of time making sure essential paperwork is up to date - attendance records, accident/medicine forms, but lj's/planning etc can wait. You have a valid reason for not being on top of them at the moment, and a plan to catch up so I doubt Ofsted would be too bothered. You'll feel better if you're prepared in case Ofsted do visit, but the chances are she was just trying to intimidate your dh and won't actually make a complaint, and although Ofsted have to follow up on complaints, I'm sure they see enough malicious complaints to be able to judge them for what they are.

5. Likes christine e, watgem, mum24 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd also do as Christine suggests, at least that way if Ofsted do come knocking you have covered your back.

I'm sorry you've lost sleep over it - this woman was probably just trying to wind your dh up and has no intention of contacting Ofsted.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

7. Likes christine e, watgem liked this post
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

if - and remember its a big IF - she tells Ofsted, they will probably realise its a malicious comp,aint if you get in and report it first, and lthey've changed the way they deal with complaints now, so if they see it as nothing big you'll just get a letter and that's it.
    Marnie x

Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to everyone that has replied. Just knowing youre all there really helps. xxx
    Julie X X

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Some good advice. Hope it was just a threat and nothing happens x

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

what are the chances that she would be even able to find Ofsted's phone number?

Since the beginning of Sept, I have had 5 calls that start with the words 'is that Ofsted?'

I have started a thread in October about this. It seems that if you are listed with 118 118 as 'your name, Ofsted Registered Childminder', parents think you are Ofsted!!

I am sure nothing will come of her threats but you should speak to the school - this type of behaviour should not be happening in the playground, and cover yourself by telling ofsted first!

Good Luck, and try not tto loose sleep over it

jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not see where your fears are, as it does not involve any of your minded children. What would the complaint be about? Your husband shouting an aggressive child away. There are no laws forbiding this, and if the child was being aggressive towards the other children and not listening, shouting to go away is better than having to use restraint to stop the child from hurting another one. It all depends how it was done really. (I mean, supposing there was shouting, which is apparently not the case here).
    But this has nothing to do with Ofsted. I think it is a bit far fetched.
    If they did become involved, it is easy to justify. And it is a question of a word against another.

13. Likes Ripeberry, Tatjana, mum24, Lady J liked this post