Post Thanks / Like

I would be gutted too

All that hard work poor you

Never send them home again I agree we live and learn

I'm not sure I would do it all again either

Angel xx

2. Likes Toothfairy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats horrible specaily that he doesnt care, dont do it again just put a note in the file saying the date and it was accidently destroyed when sent home for review and get dad to sign it. why should you waste your time doing it all agin when it obvious doent mean much to them.

Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post

I would also write to the parents and say you are very disappointed that the folder has been thrown away as you would have been able to transfer all the information into a new one and it represented years of hard work in time and expense in printing of text and photos for you to do for them as a record of their child's development and their time with you recording what they had done and where they had been.

As it would seem they really do not want this you will be changing and very much simplifying the way you will be doing this in future.

I would then get the diary in the link and use that, explain that if they loose or damage it it will cost £20 to replace.

If they don't want it then do a letter for them to sign to that effect and do the min of recording for yourself so Ofsted can see.
    Hear, hear! I really feel for you though Toothfairy!

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

How can it have been that ruined if he ran over it? What a strange story. I wouldnt redo it. All that hard work, I really feel for you

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I would ask for it back whatever state it's in, maybe you could rescue some of it. I don't think I would be redoing it though. I'd note it in my sef that after that experience I'd learned that folders don't go home and tell the inspector that when they come too.

Post Thanks / Like

The least he could have done was brought it to show you and GROVEL Surely some of the things inside could have been saved even if the actual folder was mangled!!

I print my obs out, but don't save them on my computer once the are printed I delete them so there is no way I could make another folder up for any parent of mine who was so careless and tbh if thats their attitude I don't think I would want to bother!!

I would start another one up ready for Ofsted and as someone else said get parents to sign something to say that you had been doing one previously but that it had been destroyed - BY THEM

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

That's so disrespectful to you and all the work you do. I'd make him dig it out of the rubbish
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Oct 04
    Post Thanks / Like

How disrespectful of your hard work!

Hope you had words with mum

sep 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!
    Post Thanks / Like

i could cry for you!!
    how horrible for you. i wouldnt be replacing it! write up a report about what happenend and get
    him to sign, then start a new one.
    horrible man!!!!

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! I would be furious too!

I, like most, would not back date the files as you haven't got the info and it wouldn't look as good. I would get a cheap file, write a letter to the parent confirming what happened and get him to sign it and put it in the front. Then write a summary report from what you know of the child and carry on from there. Imagine going back and trying to redo all that hard work for him to come in at the beginning of March just before your inspection and spill a cup of tea on it or something - accidents could still happen in your home.

I really feel for you - I think we all do. In fact, I am now thinking that maybe I shouldn't send mine home now?! I usually send them home at end of term.

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoke to Mum at pick up.
    I explained that I was upset at Dads attitude and about the amount of work that goes into the folder. Told her that I won't be re-printing it and I would like them to sign a letter to Ofsted to explain what has happened (luckily I have two other mindee's with complete LJ's to show Ofsted plus by the time Ofsted come again, LO should have about 4-5 months worth in his new folder).
    Mum was extremely apologetic and said she will get in the bin and see if anything can be saved (I've got a feeling she didnt know hubby had run it over and thrown it away).

Dad turned up this morning with a bunch of flowers, apologised and handed me some of the pages they had managed to save out of the bin (about 1/3).

I've learnt my lesson and LJ's will no longer be going home!
    Toothfairy

13. Likes gegele, samb, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh hun, I really do feel for you...you won't forget this in a hurry will you?

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you stuck the flowers up his backside

Wait until the little one has some new shoes or a nice new coat and then tell him she got a little mud on them and so you threw them out...See how he likes it

Seriously thou, I hope he got a good talking to by his wife
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am glad you have managed to salvage something out of it. Sounds like Mom appreciates the hard work that has gone into it. A LJ is so precious really isn't it? I value the scruffy diaries I still have from when my DS was a baby, 14 long years ago because they are about him.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Toothfairy View Post
    Spoke to Mum at pick up.
    I explained that I was upset at Dads attitude and about the amount of work that goes into the folder. Told her that I won't be re-printing it and I would like them to sign a letter to Ofsted to explain what has happened (luckily I have two other mindee's with complete LJ's to show Ofsted plus by the time Ofsted come again, LO should have about 4-5 months worth in his new folder).
    Mum was extremely apologetic and said she will get in the bin and see if anything can be saved (I've got a feeling she didnt know hubby had run it over and thrown it away).

Dad turned up this morning with a bunch of flowers, apologised and handed me some of the pages they had managed to save out of the bin (about 1/3).

I've learnt my lesson and LJ's will no longer be going home!
    Sounds like the mum gave the dad a right talking too.

At least and I know its a small consolation that you did get an apology
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

sep 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG I feel so sad for you, all your hard work. I would ask for them to get it out the bin regardless of its state.

You poor thing, sending u hugs

xxxxx

sep 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just seen the other posts, pleased u got some of the work back, bless u xxxx

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

was it really in a bad state when you got the bits back

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Really feel for you, one of mine left the lj out in The rain for three days, I managed to salvage most of it. Can't believe dads attitude with him being a teacher.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12