Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: a bit nervouse

Registered Childminder since
    may10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a bit nervouse

ive just lost my full time mindee as she moved away

got a phone call yesterday enquiring about 2 full times spaces for a 2 year old and a under 1

they are coming to have a look around tomorrow afternoon (wanting to start in january)

i havent cared for a under 1 since i started doing this on my own so havent got any sort of equipment

obversly if they sign ill get everything i need before january

do you think this will make a diffrance

I have a few baby toys and a play mat which im planning to dig out today

i cant really think of what else i can do as i dont want to go out and buy anything until contracts are signed

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

It not unreasonable to say you havent got any toys and bits for the under 1 and that you have some time to sort it. When I first got mindies I had a 5 month old and had nothing, but had a few weeks notice so got stuff in x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How old is the baby?

Could you make up a quick treasure basket (suitable for all ages)? Just put in bits & bobs that you find round the house - wooden spoons, metal spoons, wooden bracelet, pieces of fabric etc. Basically anything you see that isn't plastic & that looks interesting.

You could simply put it on the mat & let baby explore it. Explain to parents how it's nice for childen to have a variety of things to play with, not just the colourful plastic toys, although you will of course sort plenty of those out before they start with you

4. Likes caz3007 liked this post
    may10
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the replays

I have got a few things for her to play with, ive got sensory baskets (balls of difffent colours, sizes, some flash) a wooden basket (wooden spoons ect) i also have homemade sensory bottles (coloured water, glitter, beads ect)

think im just nervouse as i could really do with them signing my income has took a really big hit since my other mindee left

also do you think it will make a diffrance that i dont have another minder incase im poorly or need to be off (this hasent happpend in the last 2 years - unless im on holiday of course)

how many of u have minders u can call on if you need to be off

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adele1985 View Post
    thanks for the replays

I have got a few things for her to play with, ive got sensory baskets (balls of difffent colours, sizes, some flash) a wooden basket (wooden spoons ect) i also have homemade sensory bottles (coloured water, glitter, beads ect)

think im just nervouse as i could really do with them signing my income has took a really big hit since my other mindee left

also do you think it will make a diffrance that i dont have another minder incase im poorly or need to be off (this hasent happpend in the last 2 years - unless im on holiday of course)

how many of u have minders u can call on if you need to be off
    I haven't. I know a couple of good minders and we have playdates together but they are full so wouldn't be able to help.

Good luck tomorrow

xx

may10
    Post Thanks / Like

Viewing came last night and all went well i think, not what i was expecting tho lol.

mum was still pregnant, baby due in march so it wasent this january but next january she wants a full time space for baby and a part time place for little boy

and until then she wants half a day a week for little boy (who was gorgouse) he wasent impressed at going home tho lol

glad i didnt buy any baby equipment at the shops yesterday tho lol